• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straightsilver3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 2, 2011
    everywhere
    Useless...colt would have been smarter to do a 14.5 with pinned fh.

Thank god for Bravo Company
    I seen this on the Firearms blog yesterday and that was the first thing I thought, if you want close to the real thing why not! BCM great stuff I have the 14.5 middy very pleased

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I seen this on the Firearms blog yesterday and that was the first thing I thought, if you want close to the real thing why not! BCM great stuff I have the 14.5 middy very pleased

I love bcm, got 2 14.5's one m4 and one bfh mid. Sweet rifles...the m4 even has kac rails...thats about as authentic as it get...jeezzz colt...lol

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I don't understand what the big deal is... other than the Colt name, why does everyone seem so excited about this?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I don't understand what the big deal is... other than the Colt name, why does everyone seem so excited about this?

Colt M4A1 SOCOM Carbine is fitted with the 4 position military buttstock, Knights Armament Quadrail handguard, Matech folding rear sight, side sling swivel at the gas block, 16inch barrel with 1 in 7 twist 6 groove and heavy profile under handguard, Ambidextrous safety and the upper receiver is stamped M4. The barrel is chrome lined and has the M4 feed ramps and the bolt carrier is the M16 type. Behind the bolt is an H2 buffer. The mag well reads M4A1 CARBINE with an LE serial number and is also stamped Colt Defense. In the accessories packet there are four rail covers by Knights Armament and they have a plastic pocket carry case, two Colt 30 round magazines, cleaning kit with chamber and bore brushes, sling and manual.

Colts are MOA shooters out of the box. You will not see many problems with Colt Factory guns. They run. It basically an upgraded LE6920. ( 6920's perform flawlessly)The barrel sets this aprt from other Colt guns. These heavy barrels were produced in a small quantity for SOCOM.. effin hard to get and expensive. I'm happy that COLT is offering this for civilian sales.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Colts are MOA shooters out of the box. You will not see many problems with Colt Factory guns. They run. It basically an upgraded LE6920. ( 6920's perform flawlessly)The barrel sets this aprt from other Colt guns. These heavy barrels were produced in a small quantity for SOCOM.. effin hard to get and expensive. I'm happy that COLT is offering this for civilian sales.

So I take it I'll be shooting against a Colt if we ever get that li'l comp set-up then??

(I'll have to have my upper back before then of course...)

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27

I think I get it. Colt is finally offering what you can already buy from someone else! (you just get their roll mark) :rolleyes:

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    The m4a1 rollmark is pretty cool. I wouldn't replace my LEO 6920 with one, but it's still nice.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL

:D:thumbsup:

Maybe his own upper?

I still dont see the hype about this rifle though. It really offers the exact same features others do. Sure its cool to say M4 but thats about as far as that goes. I guess from a standpoint of buying a complete one and instead of building it. Suppressors....ok cool i can see that but still 14.5 would be better imo. I guess im kinda biased now since i have a 14.5 m4 upper that replaced my 16" lol.

Vendicator

Nov 5, 2010
    I really want to get a little bit more info on this "new" rifle from colt. Mainly price... I think that will make the world of difference in the argument. It has some nice shiny bells and whistles and of course it will be a little more pricy since it is a colt. However, how much more would you have to spend to simply have a COLT M4 stamp on your rifle?

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I really want to get a little bit more info on this "new" rifle from colt. Mainly price... I think that will make the world of difference in the argument. It has some nice shiny bells and whistles and of course it will be a little more pricy since it is a colt. However, how much more would you have to spend to simply have a COLT M4 stamp on your rifle?

The 'bells & whistles' are simply what you would find on a military m4. Colts always retain value so they are a worthy investment if that matters to you.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    heavy barrels help in heat dissipation, especially when you like doing mag dumps,rapid fire drills, suppressed applications or when a 203 launcher is mounted under barrel.

most of us will not really see the advantage of this as compared to others. In addition, Colt still makes one of the best AR rifles. This is from experience, I too have played with various ARs and my 6920 is still one of the best factory guns out there.

Whats the hype about? Heavy barrel , original knights rail, matech BUIS( most likely OTC), higher resale value( cool roll marks), quality , accuracy(<1"@100 yards) and reliabilty. For about the same cost as most quality factory built guns. ( 1300 retail). I have 4 Colt ARs.. none have issues. I have other makes and some are more finicky than others. Colt equals consistent quality... at least for now

below: Sustained Fire , standard M4 profile barrels.

Attachments

• destructivetestedbarrrels01copy.jpg
      destructivetestedbarrrels01copy.jpg
      46.3 KB · Views: 223
    • 433.jpg
      433.jpg
      53.9 KB · Views: 220

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members