• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Another addition, from Harrisburg Gun Show

Finally got a Tok, this one from the Harrisburg Gun Show this past weekend. Previously sold my CZ-52 and had lots of ammo left. Was holding out for a Yugo, but everyone wanted $299 and I didn't want to go online, then saw this Romy for $235 complete with good holster (with previous mil members name in it) and 2 mags. Dated 1955, nice shiny bore and gun in VG shape. Since the photos I've put some neatsfoot oil/leather lotion on the holster and steel wool to the cleaning rod and they look real good.

Like the way it feels/fits in the hand. Sturdy. Looking forward to taking it to the range.

Attachments

• pictureview%20%284%29.jpg
      pictureview%20%284%29.jpg
      58 KB · Views: 324
    • 2012-09-08_16-20-39_121.jpg
      2012-09-08_16-20-39_121.jpg
      66 KB · Views: 319
    • 2012-09-08_16-22-31_81.jpg
      2012-09-08_16-22-31_81.jpg
      56.2 KB · Views: 312

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Yea, over on the left side after coming in the doors. The guy had 2 in the display and 2 others underneath. In boxes, from Century Arms, the second mag coated on cosmo. They were all in pretty good condition and I thought the price was good. I'll pick up a Yugo next time....

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Glad to see somebody got something good out of Harrisburg! That honey hole dried up for me years ago. Don't go beyond York these days.
    Also, nice to see that a vendor took your C&R. All too many times the additional cost to ship and then pay a MD 01 to do the paperwork kills what would otherwise be a good deal.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    The salesman wasn't sure and kept having to ask the owner, (first, can they accept the C & R, then do they have to ship the gun to Maryland?) but the owner knew his business and had no probs with a C & R and cash and carry.

There was a lot of hype about the Harrisburg show, and I'd not yet been there, and although found a few things, still consider York as the best around. York is ALWAYS on my list of shows NOT to miss.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    The salesman wasn't sure and kept having to ask the owner, (first, can they accept the C & R, then do they have to ship the gun to Maryland?) but the owner knew his business and had no probs with a C & R and cash and carry.

There was a lot of hype about the Harrisburg show, and I'd not yet been there, and although found a few things, still consider York as the best around. York is ALWAYS on my list of shows NOT to miss.

Harrisburg is usually much better than it was, I found it boring and over priced this year myself

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Another addition, purchased today on Gunbroker. Been looking at these Savage 1908 models in .32 ACP for a while but they all seem to end up in the $350-400 range. This one was still in the low $200's with 2 days left so I submitted a max bid for $245 and won it. NRA graded as Very Good, original grips and original mag. The collection grows......:D

Attachments

• Savage 1908_1.jpg
      Savage 1908_1.jpg
      62 KB · Views: 249
    • Savage 1908_2.jpg
      Savage 1908_2.jpg
      62 KB · Views: 241

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Another addition, purchased today on Gunbroker. Been looking at these Savage 1908 models in .32 ACP for a while but they all seem to end up in the $350-400 range. This one was still in the low $200's with 2 days left so I submitted a max bid for $245 and won it. NRA graded as Very Good, original grips and original mag. The collection grows......:D

awesome buy, those savage pistols havea really cool look to them.

since that one doesnt have a lanyard loop it is not a military model.

i collect portuguese guns, and there was a small portuguese contract of those guns which had the portuguese crest on the grips and the lanyard loop, been on the lookout for one, there's one on gunbroker with only one of the original grip panels, but the guy has it up there fore $1300, and its been there, relisted over and over for atleast 4 years or so that ive seen, and yet the stubborn guy doesnt get the hint lol.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Wasn't aware there was a military model, although I got this one 'cause I really wanted the Savage as a shooter. I think it was a decent deal and they DO have a cool look to them, much like the Mauser 1910's (next on the list)

bikerbankr

Mar 1, 2010
    Upperco, MD
    Here's my latest addition to the C & R Collection; beautiful little German Ortgies in .32 ACP. Finish is about 90% and the bore is abaout 95%. Haven't bought a modern gun since the C & R license came in April.

I promised the wifey I'd stop, but I just can't........:rolleyes:

Be careful with that Ortgies. A friend of mine has one in spectacular condition and we experienced a slam-fire on a half-fed round while racking the slide. Blew the side of the casing out and the bullet became lodged in the barrel. No damage to the gun, or shooter thankfully, but it was a hair-raising experience.

Did a little research and found that it wasn't uncommon for those to either slam-fire or even discharge on their own if left cocked and locked..

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Wasn't aware there was a military model, although I got this one 'cause I really wanted the Savage as a shooter. I think it was a decent deal and they DO have a cool look to them, much like the Mauser 1910's (next on the list)

funny you mention that, because the mauser 1910 is another gun that there was a portuguese contract for, but the portuguese contract mauser 1910's are pretty easy to find as far as 1910's in general go.

i bought one in 2010 iirc, and its a really cool little pistol, fun to shoot, surprisingly comfortable too, despite my big hands, and its such a beatifully made gun too, all made with german precision and quality.

heres my 1910, it doesnt look near as bad as this in person, poorly lit interior pictures with flash, for some reason make rust patina jump out and look 10 times more extreme than it looks in person.

the portuguese contract pistols have a triangle in circle mark stamped on the back of the frame above the backstrap and the serial number range is like 250k to the low 300k or so, i dont recall exactly.

mauser%201910.jpg

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Sweet! Thanks for the info. The Mausers are beautiful guns and I love the wood grips. A .32 ACP is in my future

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Sorry, your original post was from July, but I am only now getting around to seeing it. Thats a nice looking Beretta. For some reason, I've also really got a liking for those pocket pistols.

I stumbled over a Beretta 418 on GB a couple years ago and picked it up for a steal at $79. I've never seen one even close to that before or after. I was more amazed when I took it to the range. I had one or two cycling problems the first mag through (I was expecting them) and after a couple "adjustments" to the mag, it now functions flawlessly. I was more amazed when I was actually GROUPING within 1.5" at 25yrds with it. I really wasn't expecting to be on paper at that distance. Truly I think one of my best C&R purchases for the money, The other upside is that the wife thinks it's "cute" and wants to go shoot it. .25acp is probably a great caliber for her to get started on.

Anyway, looks like you've got a nice collection growing :thumbsup:

On Edit:

Here's a picture of the ugly little sucker... Not great, but it's the only one I've got online at the moment.

CIMG0055.jpg

Last edited:

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I really appreciate the direction of your collection. There is something cool about the C&R pocket pistols.:thumbsup:

Crap, now I have gun broker open in the other tab. We all can beat this cursed addiction, but it will not be today.:)

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I really appreciate the direction of your collection. There is something cool about the C&R pocket pistols.:thumbsup:

Crap, now I have gun broker open in the other tab. We all can beat this cursed addiction, but it will not be today.:)

'All addictions eventually end
    but it will not be today, my friend.
    No, it will not be today.' :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom