• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Just picked up my new 24" Benelli M2 This gun is to replace my JM Pro as my 3 gun shotgun. Later this week I plan to order the following

Nordic Components
    -+9 mag tube kit
    -barrel clamp
    -Low Drag Follower

Taran Tactical
    -Ultimate Charging Handle
    -Extended Carrier
    -Oversized Safety

-Matchsaver
    -Redneck Tactical Rapid Bolt Release

Am I missing anything here? Maybe a new sight?

I am struggling with taking the files and dremel to this one. I had no issues with the JM Pro, but want to make sure this one is perfect.

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    Do you need to replace 2 of the federally listed parts to be in compliance with 922r in order to install the extended tube?

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    Well I did it to my M2 tactical before extending the tube just to be safe. Stock parts on right, USA parts on left.
    76cfa0f96c5439e826ca663babf3df1b.jpg
    ddb797a2e79e64b4f1c0b43da86a441a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Just picked up my new 24" Benelli M2 This gun is to replace my JM Pro as my 3 gun shotgun. Later this week I plan to order the following

Nordic Components
    -+9 mag tube kit
    -barrel clamp
    -Low Drag Follower

Taran Tactical
    -Extended Carrier
    -Oversized Safety

-Matchsaver
    -Redneck Tactical Rapid Bolt Release

Am I missing anything here? Maybe a new sight?

I am struggling with taking the files and dremel to this one. I had no issues with the JM Pro, but want to make sure this one is perfect.

I would get the X-Rail extended mag tube instead. Its strong enough not to need a clamp. I use one because with the full size spring in the mag tube the shotgun becomes a 9+1 and with the 2 round extension it magically becomes a 12+1 (because I sometimes shifted to Unlimited division instead of TacOps). I watched the rerun of the 3GN finals last night and noticed several of the shooters had X-Rail mag tubes on their shotguns (I also noticed some Stoeger and Mossbergs in use [BJ Norris was using a Mossberg]).
    I use a low drag hollow aluminum follower in my JMPro and it works 100% (forgot who makes it).

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    Can somebody please give me the cliff notes version of 922r? What do I need to replace?

IANAL, and this is just one persons opinion and understanding. According to 922r imported shotguns and long guns that are not exempted for a sporting purpose (a shotgun is considered sporting with a capacity of 5 or less, hence why they legally sell M1/M2/M4s in the US) are required to have no more than 10 foreign parts from a specific list of parts. So to increase you magazine by only adding an extension you are subject to compliance. Also note that an extension does not count as part 12 below.

Below is a list of the import parts restricted by 922r as it applies to the Benelli M1/M2/M4 shotguns once you increase magazine capacity past the "sporting use" limit of 5 rounds. You are allowed a maximum of (10) of these parts to remain in compliance with 922r import restrictions. The factory M2 has only (12)
    (Note #5 is missing, this is the gas piston of the M4)

1) Receiver
    2) Barrel
    3) Bolt
    4) Bolt Carrier
    6) Trigger Housing
    7) Trigger
    8) Hammer
    9) Disconnector
    10) Butt stocks
    11) Forearm
    12) Magazine body
    13) Followers

Thus you must change out atleast two of these parts to bring the total number to within the limit of 10. I changed out 11 and 13.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    IANAL, and this is just one persons opinion and understanding. According to 922r imported shotguns and long guns that are not exempted for a sporting purpose (a shotgun is considered sporting with a capacity of 5 or less, hence why they legally sell M1/M2/M4s in the US) are required to have no more than 10 foreign parts from a specific list of parts. So to increase you magazine by only adding an extension you are subject to compliance. Also note that an extension does not count as part 12 below.

Below is a list of the import parts restricted by 922r as it applies to the Benelli M1/M2/M4 shotguns once you increase magazine capacity past the "sporting use" limit of 5 rounds. You are allowed a maximum of (10) of these parts to remain in compliance with 922r import restrictions. The factory M2 has only (12)
    (Note #5 is missing, this is the gas piston of the M4)

1) Receiver
    2) Barrel
    3) Bolt
    4) Bolt Carrier
    6) Trigger Housing
    7) Trigger
    8) Hammer
    9) Disconnector
    10) Butt stocks
    11) Forearm
    12) Magazine body
    13) Followers

Thus you must change out atleast two of these parts to bring the total number to within the limit of 10. I changed out 11 and 13.

Where did you find a forearm that was made in the USA? Is there some sort of marking on the stock forearm (other than than the name "Benelli") that indicates it was made outside of the USA?

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I would get the X-Rail extended mag tube instead. Its strong enough not to need a clamp. I use one because with the full size spring in the mag tube the shotgun becomes a 9+1 and with the 2 round extension it magically becomes a 12+1 (because I sometimes shifted to Unlimited division instead of TacOps). I watched the rerun of the 3GN finals last night and noticed several of the shooters had X-Rail mag tubes on their shotguns (I also noticed some Stoeger and Mossbergs in use [BJ Norris was using a Mossberg]).
    I use a low drag hollow aluminum follower in my JMPro and it works 100% (forgot who makes it).

Any benefit to the X Rail Monotube as opposed to the extension?

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    If you do the X-Rail monotube it replaces the entire magazine tube assembly. In that case it does count as one of the parts to change. The monotube is event stronger than the extension.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    If you do the X-Rail monotube it replaces the entire magazine tube assembly. In that case it does count as one of the parts to change. The monotube is event stronger than the extension.

OK. You sold me on X Rail. Now I need to decide if i want to go through the effort of trying to remove the factory magazine or not. It does not look easy.

Either way, they have 10% right now. Thanks for the tip.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    You should seriously consider Taran Tactical reduced power hammer and trigger springs. I used them in my M3K (same trigger as the M2) and the difference is amazing. The trigger is about 3lbs lighter and I can rack the bolt handle with the tip of my little finger. They are only $7.99 ea. so if for some reason you don't like them swap back and no big loss.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    You should seriously consider Taran Tactical reduced power hammer and trigger springs. I used them in my M3K (same trigger as the M2) and the difference is amazing. The trigger is about 3lbs lighter and I can rack the bolt handle with the tip of my little finger. They are only $7.99 ea. so if for some reason you don't like them swap back and no big loss.

Glad I read your message before ordering this morning. Was going to order last night, but Taran started their black Friday sale this morning. I went ahead and ordered the whole Power Pack Spring Kit.

Here is everything I ordered

Taran Tactical
    -Ultimate Reduced-Power Buffer Spring
    -Ultimate Reduced-Power Hammer Spring
    -Ultimate Reduced Power Trigger Spring and additional C-Clips
    -Benelli AccuGuide Extended Carrier

X Rail
    -
    RCI Extension Tube and Follower
    -RCI Oversized Safety
    -RCI Extra Shell Caddy
    -RCI Oversize Bolt Release

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    So here is a new questions for you Benelli owners.

Problem 1
    For whatever reason, I am unable to load a shell in the magazine unless I first load one in the chamber. It seems as if the carrier does not go far enough forward and is not allowing the lifter to move up and get out of the way. I am unable to push the shell into the magazine any further than can be seen in the photo. Once I load the chamber, I am able to load the magazine normally.

Problem 2
    The firearm will not cycle when manually operating the action with one in the chamber and shells in the magazine. In other words, I can not get shells to move from the magazine into the chamber when pull back the charging handle and letting it rip.

I am hoping that it is me and that I am missing something here. If not, I am going to be pretty disappointed.

Attachments

• Shell Stuck.jpg
      Shell Stuck.jpg
      73.4 KB · Views: 339

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    at least with my sbe2, rack the bolt, don't pull the trigger, should be able to load the tube with an empty chamber

aside the trigger there is a little button you depress that takes a round from the tube and puts it on the lifter. then you rack it and the shell goes into the chamber.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    at least with my sbe2, rack the bolt, don't pull the trigger, should be able to load the tube with an empty chamber

aside the trigger there is a little button you depress that takes a round from the tube and puts it on the lifter. then you rack it and the shell goes into the chamber.

What he said

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    What he said

So, let me understand this.

1. In order to load the magazine, I need to have the hammer cocked?

2. In order to manually load a shell from the magazine, I need to hit the "Cartridge Drop Lever" to load one onto the lifter and then pull the charging handle?

3. In order to cycle the remaining shells in the magazine, I now need to pull the charging handle to eject the shell in the chamber and let it close empty. Then hit the Cartridge Drop lever again, then pull the charging handle a second time?

I am guessing that a shell automatically loads onto the loading gate when the gun is actually fired?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom