• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    I ordered one from Century last night, and my friend ordered one from J&G yesterday. SO I will post pics when they come. My last order from Century took about a month so I won't be holding my breath...

I received an email this morning with the tracking number. I should be here tomorrow after work. J&G is shipping them fast.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I received an email this morning with the tracking number. I should be here tomorrow after work. J&G is shipping them fast.

Yeah I heard they are nice and quick. My friend called and asked for blued finish and wood grips.

I've only ordered from Century once and it took FOREVER, but theirs were cheaper, plus listed at Excellent condition. So it'll hopefully be worth the wait. I ordered a Polish Tokarev from them and it looked unissued!

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    I might have to order another. Do you mind telling us your total price with shipping, etc? Did you hand select?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid for hand select ($20) and j&g's shipping is high at $27 & change so the total was around 347.

I asked for a blued finish in the notes section of the order. Not sure if it was because of the request, but I got blued finish with wood grips that are in amazing shape considering their age. (Just need to get all the oil or Cosmo out without damaging or dryin them out)

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    My Star B was ordered from Century and I received it in less than a week. I received my confirmation email on 9/19 and missed the original delivery on 9/23, and received it 9/24 so hopefully you wont have to wait too long.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I bought the one on J&Gs collection corner it was a little bit higher in price ($377 with shipping) , but suppose to be one of the best of the lot, ordered last Sunday, recieved it on Wed., so far I only gave it a quick look over and entered in my bound book and put it in the safe. Will strip and clean this weekend and get some pics. I did notice that it looks like there is an A under the B. Also was happy that the importer stamp was very small.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My post made me go over the edge too that I just ordered a second one at 10:35pm. Post your pictures.

Your posts made me go ahead and order one this evening. This is worse than the flu; apparently you can infect yourself over and over.

This sort of impulse is the reason I haven't broken down and gotten my HQL; every time I get some spare cash, I find yet another toy that I can't afford to let slide.

Anyway, thanks, I think.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Ordered on eve of 5 Oct; got an email that they needed a pdf of my C&R; sent, the emailed me they needed a copy of govt picture ID; sent, got an email that they shipped, came yesterday but I wasn't in; came again today. So, started the process Sunday night, two delays for paperwork, and the thing arrives by Wednesday. Color me impressed.

Paid for handpick, requested wood and blued. Got both. Finish is very nice; a bit of pitting under rt grip panel, and a bit of a scratch in the finish on the rt side of slide back of the serrations, blue worn in a spot on front of trigger guard, and the front grip strap is a little rough. Bore is bright, looks little used. Marls similar to the OP pics, so it's 1945.

The barrel is marked "Cal.08" with the bomb/P proof. I hope this is is not indicative of some weird caliber issue.

Can't believe such a nice WWII era firearm, in this condition, was so reasonably priced. Good heavy, solid, balanced feel. And delivered to my door in the People's Republic of Takoma Park. Obviously this cannot have happened here in Maryland; hallucinating again, maybe time for my pill. Hope the pistol's still here after it takes effect.

(For all those of you monitoring this board from some .gov office, I'm joking about the medication, OK? Just move along; nothing to see here.)

Jul 1, 2012
    Cal.08 is the designation for 9mm Parabellum. The proof is firing proof, normal. All good.
    If serial is less than 256250 a remote chance it's from the German contract or possibly Bulgarian...

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    My friend got his Star B from J&G tonight. He asked for blued and wood grips and got both. He's not so picture savvy and I'm trying to get him to focus! I wish I had ordered mine from J&G.
    97cbb042665bff6805e92248944c8e11.jpg

5141214c2a70a9b8a0da75dc982cdaea.jpg

f1a2d34b00b79bfaf00e0ea1b82680d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

necrodude

Aug 22, 2012
    PG county, MD
    My friend got his Star B from J&G tonight. He asked for blued and wood grips and got both. He's not so picture savvy and I'm trying to get him to focus! I wish I had ordered mine from J&G.
    97cbb042665bff6805e92248944c8e11.jpg

5141214c2a70a9b8a0da75dc982cdaea.jpg

f1a2d34b00b79bfaf00e0ea1b82680d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
    From the pictures it looks more like parkerizing to me but I could be wrong.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    As promised, but I do need to either take it out in the daylight or get better lighting as the pic is not very good. I did find a little rust under one of the grips.

142.jpg

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    Just sent mine back to J&G without firing it once. Discovered it had a crack in the frame extending about 1/2" forward of the slide lock. Not sure how that happens?

I do have to say that the folks at J&G have been a pleasure to deal with. When I called about the crack there was no argument from them. His main concern was that I was certain it wasn't just a surface scratch as he didn't want to have to charge me for shipping if it wasn't a crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom