• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boomboom929

Dec 13, 2008
    Rockville
    Came across a Garand and an M1 Carbine and I had to...

Garand 003.JPG

boomboom929

Dec 13, 2008
    Rockville
    Both weapons were built in 1943 and used in the Pacific. The carbine is an Inland and the Garand is a Winchester. The Garand is absolutely perfect. The carbine solid and well cared for.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Seem like nice pieces of history. I never have been able to get into the Garand, have on its ok but not a well balanced gun.

Carbines i love, I have four and my father has 6 more. Great guns, though I dont have anything that has the degree of history those do (at least history I know!)

boomboom929

Dec 13, 2008
    Rockville
    I was in the right place at the right time. Roy Tandy is apparently a well known shooter and has a lot of history. He's 93 or so and in poor health and his wife is selling his 35 some odd guns to subsidize his medical bills. I paid what these are worth, but was given first right of refusal and didn't refuse. I feel lucky to now be part of their history and will be a deserved protector of these pieces.

Oh, and I look forward to shooting the sh*t out of them.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Those are awesome! The history of the rifles and the owner make them even more valuable.

boomboom929

Dec 13, 2008
    Rockville
    Nice, I love shooting both of mine..Inland Carbine IH Garand,also a 6 groove springfield! Good provenance as well,Would love to know what else he collected.what was important enough to keep them all these years?
    He's retired Navy and is mentioned 17 times in the Naval Marksmanship Manual. I've never met him but heard he's quite a man.

I have an xls spreadsheet on the other guns for sale. Japanese Chrysanthemums to revolvers to over under exotic skeet and trap guns....all for sale. Feel free to PM me your email addys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom