• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littlebr4d

Large Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Jarrettsville, MD
    There's a couple really nice lookin' custom archangel'd rifles for sale on gunbroker that i'd like to model my build after.

pix496653843.jpg

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    Price break down.

Stock 10/22- $239.00
    Archangel stock-$198.00 shipped
    Tactical Innovations barrel- $150.00
    Bushmaster carry handle-$125.00 retail- Paid $60.00 from MDS member
    Front sight- $40.00
    Sling- $15.00 from same MDS member
    Flash hider-$7.00
    Tactical innovations mags- $35.00 each. Just under $800 total.
    With the suppressor attached it will be $1300 total.

stank, I know you wrote this a while back, but where did you get your mags for $35.00? Please let me know because the price I keep seeing them for is $75.00 each.

Thanks.......By the way, I just ordered the Archangel kit, the kit should be here next Monday. That is a nice job you did on the gun.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    stank, I know you wrote this a while back, but where did you get your mags for $35.00? Please let me know because the price I keep seeing them for is $75.00 each.
    TI polymer mags are $45 off their website. The $75 ones are all metal. FWIW, my cheap 30rd Eagle magazine feeds pretty well provided you use ammo it likes (bulk Federal).

Also, cheapest price on the Archangel I could find is here:
    http://store.a51tactical.com/index....ucts_id=2103&zenid=sj9is9bute98hfj6ravggn9ac4

They're legit, and they ship pretty quick. Also got the Christie's set of 10/22 upgrades to go with it - flat rate shipping is awesome.

The only quibble I have with the Archangel's design is that the front fake flash hider thing seems a bit tacky if you're not using the folding front sight, but it also looks ugly with the stock front sight removed and no fake flash hider. I might give in and try to hunt down a "real" flash hider for use with mine.

Pictures when I get the final optics in, supposedly this week.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    I just got the Archangel kit today. I do see where the mag release that is supplied in the kit (aluminum) does not fit into the area where the original (plastic) Ruger Mag release was. I'm certainly not the first one who said they did some filing to get the release to not only fit, but do so without binding.

Another thing I see is where the upper and lower section of the Archangel cover over the magazine (lower plastic piece) and where the rear sight was (the upper piece) doesn't come together when screwed together as I believe it should. The upper piece I'm going to have to use a dremmel tool and file the inside down so it closes the 1/8th" gap it has. No-one will ever know that was done because it will all be hidden. I'm the only who will know (and you will too if you ever see this gun)

All and all the pieces do fit well, and they are indeed tight (which is a good thing) but you do have to do some fine tuning to make it look the way it should. Just a little bit extra work and you can make the kit look like it should. About the only thing I'm a little disappointed in is the section that you have to use a rubber mallet on, this piece that covers the end of the barrel where the flash hider is (it's all plastic to include the flash hider)

But then again I paid (with shipping it ended up costing $173.95) for the kit, so I really can't complain. If I really don't like it I can always spend a small fortune on another barrel with the threads on the end so I can install a real flash hider. But again the plastic piece won't work on the gun either.

Honestly I can't complain. If I'm not satisfied I could always go out and buy a real AR-15. I really wanted something that would not look like the norm out in the woods or at the range. It's something for me to spend my time doing, and something that will look cool when it's done. Even for an old dude like me.:)

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    is that a kit?how do i build one how much

I got mine off of e-bay for $173.95 shipped. Now remember there are two models for the 10/22. The cheaper kit (the one I purchased came with everything except the front and rear sights). The more expensive model
    ($100.00 more) comes with the front and rear sights.

I opted for a scope from Wallyworld that cost me $41.00 and the cheaper Archangel kit. But you will need to file some pieces down a little to make them fit properly (like the supplied aluminum magazine release) and maybe the half section (that the rear sight would sit on top of) this may need some of the inside of it removed so it comes together properly and shows very little of the seam where the upper and lower sections (halves) come together just to make for a cleaner looking appearance.

Hope this helps you some? Just remember, you will have to do some work on the plastic to make it fit like it should, it's not a direct fit kit. At least mine wasn't. Oh, you also have to remove the front and rear factory sights on your 10/22 barrel.

rainman73guns

Dec 18, 2008
    Here is my ArchAngel 10/22

*2nd hand 10/22 from The Gun Shop in Essex -$225 ( I know, that's more expensive than a new one from Dicks but they would not sell to a non citizen even I have complete papers and have also in my possesion a legally acquired Ruger P95 and Saiga AK223. Same story with a gunshop in White Marsh.)
    *Archangel KIt from thegunscource.com for $164 shiped
    *Double Muzzle brake from ebay $16
    *Tango down foregrip from ebay $17
    *Eagle 20/30 rnd mags $17 at Timonium gunshow

Still in the process of ordering a Aimpoint(clone) optics and iron sights

Attachments

• IMG00084.jpg
      IMG00084.jpg
      92.7 KB · Views: 108
    Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have had some really good success with the Eagle magazine I got from Timonium. Very few feed failures, especially with Federal. I'd definitely buy a couple more in Dulles if I can make it there.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    I now waiting for the blued steel muzzle break I ordered from Tactical Innovations to complete my Archangel. I didn't like the plastic fake muzzle break that came with the Archangel kit, so I found one from TI. Once I'm finished with it I'll take some pictures of it. Right now it looks decent with the scope mounted on it in place of the sights I didn't think were worth the extra hundred.

Hopefully it won't take too long for the muzzle break to get here so I can go out and shoot it.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    I did finish my Archangel today. The Muzzle Break finally came in, so all I had to do was put it on to complete it. I opted for to use the stock Ruger clips, but I used the piece that clips three stock magazines together. I'm waiting to get an aluminum 30 round magazine, but Maryland is making that hard. So I just have the original mag for now.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      86.1 KB · Views: 234

stank

Lifes Good
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pasadena
    I picked mt TI mags from the York show awhile back. The guy had about a dozen and I only bought two. I was kicking myself in the ars on the way home and still regret not buying them all.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    I picked mt TI mags from the York show awhile back. The guy had about a dozen and I only bought two. I was kicking myself in the ars on the way home and still regret not buying them all.

I know what you mean. The problem with going to any show where you can purchase items you can't in Maryland is you want everything you see there (at least that's my problem)

My bank account suffers now when I visit a gun shop in Maryland muchless any place else. But getting mags you need is like feeding a kid, they need to eat, so you have to have a way to feed them. Especially if the kid is really hungry and needs a lot of food fast. So if the rifle is really hungry, the ten rounds doesn't cut it, you really need thirty rounds to feed it. But I usually keep four mags for every gun I own, I don't know why I do, it's just a thing with me.

And honestly I would have done exactly what you did by just getting two mags. I would have thought at the time, well I really only need two right now, so if I need more; I'll get them later. When later comes, you kick yourself for not getting more. It's more the money spent at one time than it is buying all of them at once.

Oh, by the way; you did a nice job putting yours together.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My freaking optic FINALLY came this evening. Bragging time!

Anyways, here's my "Tactical+ 10/22". Parts modified from stock 10/22:
    1. Auto bolt release.
    2. Extended magazine release.
    3. Archangel stock.
    4. GripPod GPS-02
    5. Polyurethane bolt buffer
    6. 25 round ProMag magazine
    7. A1Optic red dot with 2x magnifier.

There used to be a Christie's oversized bolt handle, but the damn thing fell off after shooting it, so I'll probably suck it up and buy a real replacement handle.

Attachments

• CIMG1451.JPG
      CIMG1451.JPG
      52.3 KB · Views: 143

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads