• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Ok Im a lil bit crushed , I have been buying Wiley X Slyde sunglasses for years now . I need a new pair but they no longer make them .

So does any one have any recommendation for sunglasses for a guy with a huge head ?

Requirements are:

Polarized for fishing (glare reduction)
    Full frames around the lenses I don't like the ones with the half frame .
    Need to have a large frame , they give me a headache of they are too tight .
    Prefer black frames and the blue mirror lenses so people cant see what I'm looking at when talking to me :innocent0

Hey Dude, they have a sh!t ton of Wiley's at Continental Arms. Just bought a new pair of Zaks there.:thumbsup:

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I'll admit that I'm a bit of a sunglasses whore. I like my Oakley Flak Jackets for active stuff like water sports, etc. Maui Jim makes nice sunglasses and Raybans are nice if you get the grey polarized lenses. My favorite sunglasses, though, are Persol 649's.

Oh...I wear Randolph Engineering Ranger "Edge" shooting glasses. Worth every penny.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Ok Im a lil bit crushed , I have been buying Wiley X Slyde sunglasses for years now . I need a new pair but they no longer make them .

So does any one have any recommendation for sunglasses for a guy with a huge head ?

Requirements are:

Polarized for fishing (glare reduction)
    Full frames around the lenses I don't like the ones with the half frame .
    Need to have a large frame , they give me a headache of they are too tight .
    Prefer black frames and the blue mirror lenses so people cant see what I'm looking at when talking to me :innocent0

Check here:
    http://www.howarduniform.com/Sunglasses_s/98.htm
    They carry WileyX and 5.11

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I bought a pair of Bolle's on my honeymoon 14 years ago. They are great. I will be broken hearted when they break. I have to try sunglasses on before I buy them. I am very picky about them.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    joppa I will check into them thanks .

Ruzo I have seen them there but they dont have the ones I like . You have seen my head lol its huge . Another reason I dont wear hats lol .

Wild I have bought the berkleys from Walmart for work I do like them but the stopped selling the pair that I like too .

Another issue I have as others do is I need to try them on before I buy them . I hate buying this kind of thing sight unseen online .

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    joppa I will check into them thanks .

Ruzo I have seen them there but they dont have the ones I like . You have seen my head lol its huge . Another reason I dont wear hats lol .

Wild I have bought the berkleys from Walmart for work I do like them but the stopped selling the pair that I like too .

Another issue I have as others do is I need to try them on before I buy them . I hate buying this kind of thing sight unseen online .

You do have a big ass head. :innocent0:D

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Ok so Im looking at the Bolle sunglasses and the sight has a size search option and they are listed as .......

small
    medium
    large
    asian ??????

Umm anyone care to shed some light on this lol

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Looking at the Bolle cobra at the moment . Anyone have a pair of them ?

Mine are a few years old now and the earpieces are all different than what I have. Mine look closest to the Reno's, black lenses. I got them at Sunglass Hut in Harford Mall. I can tell you that I wear a 7 5/8 hat, so I've got a big Charlie Brown melon too.

stovepipe

One Man Wolfpack
    Feb 12, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    I have costas and maui jims, IMO they are very similar in quality. If you go the costa route, definately get the 580 glass lenses especially if you spend time on the water. Angler's in Annapolis has one of the largest selections of Costas I've seen short of TW's in Nags Head.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I have Costa Delmars and about a year ago I bought a pair of UA from bass pro for driving. UA very nice and use zeiss lens.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I get the cheap berkley or Penn fishing glasses at walmart...if I break, scratch or lose them its only about $20 loss...

You will notice a great improvement in you vision and depth perseption with quality glasses. just saying.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Looking at the Bolle cobra at the moment . Anyone have a pair of them ?

I have had 2 pairs of Bolle sunglasses both were supposed to fit med to large and fit great. Their frames have some flex built into them so it isn't like the arms are flexing. Not sure if you remember from meeting but I have a huge mellon as well. If you want to try the Bolle hit up a sunglass hut they usually have a good selection of Bolle. Since I have a similar issue I will rarely order sunglasses online.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I have had 2 pairs of Bolle sunglasses both were supposed to fit med to large and fit great. Their frames have some flex built into them so it isn't like the arms are flexing. Not sure if you remember from meeting but I have a huge mellon as well. If you want to try the Bolle hit up a sunglass hut they usually have a good selection of Bolle. Since I have a similar issue I will rarely order sunglasses online.

Lol thanks Lax I do remember your a member of the club too . Do you know if there is a sunglass hut in east point ?

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Lol thanks Lax I do remember your a member of the club too . Do you know if there is a sunglass hut in east point ?
    I think white marsh and arundel mills are the two closest.that said bass pro may have them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom