• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PIRANHA

Greek Redneck
    Sep 22, 2013
    Essex, Maryland
    I recently purchased a 15-22 MOE and I'm looking for an inexpensive scope for it the fits the guns style, and that can be mounted with the MBUS flip up sights. I'm not looking to spend over $100.00 but its not out of the question. I'm new to rifles and want something decent to about 100 yards. Most of my shooting is at 25 yards but the occasional 100-200 yard range trip will happen when I get a scope. Any and all help is greatly appriceated.

PIRANHA

Greek Redneck
    Sep 22, 2013
    Essex, Maryland
    Thanks, I think I might try the Bushnell 1X28 due to the multi rectile. I had a Simmons reddot that was a pos and I took it back, how do you like the Bushnell?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I put a Millett DMS 1-4x on mine. And ignore the flip up sights.

Or you could but on 45 degree angled BUIS.

PIRANHA

Greek Redneck
    Sep 22, 2013
    Essex, Maryland
    So I ordered a UTG Accushot CQB 1-4X30 scope with mil-dot and 36 color illumination. I couldn't find any reviews on it but I figured for $129.00 it was worth a shot for a close range scope with zoom. It may be junk or may be great. I'll post my results when I get it.

Thanks for everyone's input.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Never met a UTG/Leapers/Barska scope I liked vary much. If you want a decent tactical/3-gun type scope below $150 take a look at the Sniper, Inc. 1-4x28 (own one) or the new BSA 1-6x (don't have one as yet). The SI scope has 3 different reticle choices but the one I prefer is the horseshoe BDC ladder illuminated one. makes it a good training scope for a .22 AR for 3-gun practice. The scope with mount:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008W0FONS/ref=s9_simh_bw_p200_d0_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_r=0MMWQZJGVPETDQ6HPEP8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1577864922&pf_rd_i=3412851

Not perfect but will get the job done out to 200 yards or so. My Burris 3-gun scope costs way more than this.

PIRANHA

Greek Redneck
    Sep 22, 2013
    Essex, Maryland
    I got the UTG Accushot 1-4.5X mounted on a millett one piece mount and it works great. I have 1/3 cowhitness with my MBUS and it is the perfect height. Also the quality of the scope is excellent. No fish bowl effects at all only crisp clear glass. The rectile is very clear and the 36 color options are very nice. There is no glare from the illumination at all. It shoots 1/2 inch groups at 25 yards.

PIRANHA

Greek Redneck
    Sep 22, 2013
    Essex, Maryland
    Here is a picture of the Leapers/UTG Accushot scope mounted, I think it looks great.

IMAG1525-2.jpg
    [/IMG]

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I have the nikon p-22 on mine. I took the mbus sights off because there is really no need for them. The only reason i have the mbus on my ar's is in case i damage my optic and need to transition back to the "iron" sights during a self defense situation. Obviously that will never be a situation i'll find myself using a .22 for.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Co-witness iron sights with a 1-?x scope is a good waste of rail space. Only time you could shoot better with the iron sights is if your scope got totally trashed. Heck I even took the offset irons I had on my 3-gun rifle off because THEY WEREN'T NEEDED. Sort of like the questions about **** on a boar. And trust me I have sets of fixed sights, offset sights, and flip down sights. If some of them weren't expensive I would likely dump them all in the trash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom