• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I need someone decent with concrete to help me and some help pour a 24x24 pad in my new garage. Dad and I don't think we can do a decent finish job on it although we can handle the amount of concrete. I'll do all prep including rebar etc, need help with the pour. PM me as I am rarely on here anymore.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I need someone decent with concrete to help me and some help pour a 24x24 pad in my new garage. Dad and I don't think we can do a decent finish job on it although we can handle the amount of concrete. I'll do all prep including rebar etc, need help with the pour. PM me as I am rarely on here anymore.
    Concrete laborers and finishers are always hanging out at the Home Depot looking for work.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Cool, David said to call him. Please let me know if you reach him ok.

He will do the job right too.
    People are always looking for concrete help on this forum so here's a rare Bertfish post with an endorsement.

Dave Bentley and his crew did a fantastic job on this pad for a very fair price. I hate paying to hire folks but damn I'm glad this time. His guys worked their tales off hand hard troweling this til after dark yesterday; cold weather slowed the hardening and he couldn't use his power trowel but that didn't stop them.

Hes located in the Manchester area.

20231123_132557.jpg
    20231122_170643.jpg

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Bertfish, I am glad I could refer you and all worked out.
    Having done concrete slabs and sidewalks in my younger days like 30-8 years ago, I know how hard the work is to get a slab perfect. I am glad that David and crew took good care of you and you didn't have to bust your butt and maybe not have the greatest help or worse, not be able to get the finish as good as those who do the work day in and day out.

All of the above have happened to me with crete, and it was usually when a friend asked me to " help" them on a pour. Then I show up to find kids and Harry homeowner wheelbarrows, and not enough adults to pull a decent screed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom