• ...and so much more!
  • KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    So it's not a .22?

Did you measure the bore?

not 22lr. the bullet sticks out lol. I think it is this

Young America Double Action (small solid frame centerfire revolver) Manufactured 1884–1941 Calibers: .22 rimfire and .32 Standard barrel length was 2½ with 4½ and 5½ inch extra cost options (1,500,000 were manufactured). First model manufactured 1884–1904 designed for black powder cartridge. Second model manufactured 1905–1941 designed for modern smokeless powder cartridge.

dont know if it is a second model or first model. Or what exactly 22 rimfire is in this context.

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    Probably 22 long. It's slightly shorter than 22lr. Or it's 22 short. Good luck finding either 22 long or 22 short, I think CCI still makes both.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    not 22lr. the bullet sticks out lol. I think it is this

Young America Double Action (small solid frame centerfire revolver) Manufactured 1884–1941 Calibers: .22 rimfire and .32 Standard barrel length was 2½ with 4½ and 5½ inch extra cost options (1,500,000 were manufactured). First model manufactured 1884–1904 designed for black powder cartridge. Second model manufactured 1905–1941 designed for modern smokeless powder cartridge.

dont know if it is a second model or first model. Or what exactly 22 rimfire is in this context.

I'm going with .22 Long also.

If the bore/muzzle swallows a .22 case, then it's a .32

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    It may be .22 long or short ... but another possibility is that it takes a .22 cal. Flobert round ... or even blanks. These pistols were actually designed for kids to use, and most of the children's guns were "garden guns" of very low power ... not much more than a primer behind the bullet.

Attachments

• Young_American.gif
      Young_American.gif
      40.2 KB · Views: 158

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    It may be .22 long or short ... but another possibility is that it takes a .22 cal. Flobert round ... or even blanks. These pistols were actually designed for kids to use, and most of the children's guns were "garden guns" of very low power ... not much more than a primer behind the bullet.

LOL... :lol: Well it was cheap... maybe it will be fun to blow it up. I am not sure how else to figure of the caliber

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    LOL... :lol: Well it was cheap... maybe it will be fun to blow it up. I am not sure how else to figure of the caliber

First, check to see if the bore is rifled. If not, it's a blank pistol. If it is, you might want to find some .22 short or Flobert rounds. Both are available, but pricey ... which isn't a big deal because it probably won't become your go-to range gun anyway.

This might be the safest thing to use in it, and may be what it was designed for in the first place: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=414642168

And next to that, if it's rifled:
    https://www.griggsonline.com/inet/storefront/store.php?mode=showproductdetail&product=-1&link_id=2&link_itemcode=231836&category=6

I've shot some odd Flobert rifles and pistols, and have a hard time realizing that kids used to run around with them. One of my rifles just barely keeps the casing in the chamber because only the hammer slamming down on the round holds it in. There's not even a bolt. That ammo would be about as safe to shoot as you're going to find, though.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

America must have been nice before it became pussified

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom