• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    I'm looking to scope my Mini but I'm unsure what would be the best option as far as a scope. Any reccomendations? While I'm not stuck on a price point I can't spring for a $1000 trijicon so please keep suggestions below $500. Thanks

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Look at the Bushnell Elite 3200 series. 9 x 50 can be found for 200 dollars. From there any option you might want is available.

This scope is more than adequate. No 500 dollar scope needed.

I recently went through this same quest and this is what I came up with. Best balance of great optics and affordable price.

Good luck. Hope this helped

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    What do you want to do with it? That's the real question. Varmints get a Primary Arms 4-16x44 ($160). HD get a Primary Arms 1-4x24 ($120).Those are enough to get by on.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I only buy Leupold. When I need a scope I always go to Clydes sport shop and tell them what I want. They can recommend a good scope for your needs, and mount it whiled you wait.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You are seriously limiting yourself if you only buy Leupold. Good scopes, but there are better scopes or similar, but less expensive scopes.

I don't like BDC scopes, as the BDC marking/clicks are only good for ONE load and ONE altitude.

I agree with looking at the use of the rifle. Short range, HD, action shooting comps, 1-4x or so is great. For longer range or more precision, look to a 2.5-10x on up, depending.

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    :thumbsup: Nikon 3x9-40 P-223 (I found one for $175), but getting the right mounts for the proprietary indents is a pain in the ass. I needed two different heights to level the scope. You might want to consider a rail by GG&G if it doesn't add too much height for your liking. http://www.gggaz.com/ruger-mini-14-ranch-rifle-scope-mounts.html

I had the rail installed a few months back. Really nice and I'm looking forward to putting a scope on it. I'm going to look into the options ya'll gave me. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads

Top Bottom