• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I lost my work knife in the bay on the 4th cutting up some bait so I need a new one. It was just a little folding redhead from bass pro, 3" blade. Any recommendations? I do hvac and plumbing

Dec 31, 2012
    Any blade size limitation based on work location? Federal building, etc...
    Work in Baltimore city? no assisted opening

Get more than one knife. Sucks losing a favorite useful work knife while not at work.

I use one of these as a throwaway fishing knife.
    durable, doesn't hold an edge for too many trips but a real quick scrape on a stone brings it back to reasonable sharpness before a trip and it does the job for $9
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=15843EVCTWJYNYRWZZA3

here for $6 as an add on item with a $35 order
    http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-20...sbs_200_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1QS97EB4ZRCJHTMD4S13

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Milwaukee Fastback II

probably the best folding disposable blade knife around, nothing beats them for cutting lots of cardboard and tape. With most any folder, the blade is several times thicker, so it doesn't slice as well, and will need to be sharpened often.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    I lost my work knife in the bay on the 4th cutting up some bait so I need a new one. It was just a little folding redhead from bass pro, 3" blade. Any recommendations? I do hvac and plumbing

Kershaw skyline

Dec 31, 2012
    Kershaw skyline
    That's what I carry when not at work. Used to take it fishing but had a hard time scrubbing the fish guts out of the inside. Walking around with a fishy knife gets looks from more discerning noses...

remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    I carry one of the husky knives and they do the job however I'm unaware of its ability to open a beer bottle.
    Maybe I need to take a better look.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    My nephew (now special forces) had a CRKT M16 that he absolutely abused while on deployment in Iraq. That knife took that abuse and asked for more. I don't know if that's more money than you want to spend (only $50, but a lot of knives can be had cheaper) but it'd get the job done.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    Superknife. Originally sold under the Superknife name. Now owned by Gerber Knives. Check Amazon or Ebay if you can find an original.

Or, if you want something a little more knife like, try anything designed by Ken Onion.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Superknife. Originally sold under the Superknife name. Now owned by Gerber Knives. Check Amazon or Ebay if you can find an original.

Or, if you want something a little more knife like, try anything designed by Ken Onion.

Original Super knife is my EDC. Love this thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      70.5 KB · Views: 110

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads