• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I need a fairly large (10x16x10 or so) shed moved in the next two weeks. I think it's an Amish-built shed that was built on site. It has a wood floor. It will need to be moved about 10 miles in Calvert County. Let me know if anyone is interested or has any ideas. Thanks.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    There is a company in Hartford county that has a special trailer for moving sheds. Guessing it's not the only place that does. The place up here is Back Yard Boyz I believe. The previous owners of our place took one of the two sheds with them and used their sevices

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    As has been said I'm sure it could be done with a rollback. Had a sea container delivered to my house that way and they weigh a lot more than a shed would

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I need a fairly large (10x16x10 or so) shed moved in the next two weeks. I think it's an Amish-built shed that was built on site. It has a wood floor. It will need to be moved about 10 miles in Calvert County. Let me know if anyone is interested or has any ideas. Thanks.

Thanks guys. I'll call around. Seems like a tow company would damage it.

Call "Buddy" at "Everything Amish" in Hughesville.

He has the equipment to move sheds.

Good luck.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    Call "Buddy" at "Everything Amish" in Hughesville.

He has the equipment to move sheds.

Good luck.

Thanks. We talked to them. $250 for the first two hours and then $175 each additional hour. The problem is they charge you from the time they leave the shop and then return. That seems kind of ridiculous.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'll be right over...

Attachments

• IMG_20141005_081401_665-1.jpg
      IMG_20141005_081401_665-1.jpg
      29.2 KB · Views: 446

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    Chip's Towing said they don't do it. I know they have good sized towing equipment and plenty of rollbacks cuz I've seen them on the road (one time with my car on it...).

I had my F150 towed last year but I can't remember the name of the company. Ford dispatched them with roadside assistance.

madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County

If it was built on site, it may not be as easy as rolling it a truck or trailer like you are thinking. Might need to be stiffened in some sort of way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom