• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JVP409

Jan 31, 2013
    Bel Air
    Tragic story, but the fact that he is a vet has absolutely nothing to do with the story other than to sensationalize it. Vets shouldn't be shooting their shotguns in their city back yards either. Regardless of what the VP says. Sorry

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Both parties are at fault. First, dumbass shouldn't have been firing a shotgun in his backyard in the city. Second, it sounds like the officer may have fired before giving the man a chance to surrender.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Forgive me, but.....

Finally we have a thread about a cop with good markmanship

But seriously, this is truely tragic. For both sides. I would hate to even speculate as to what happened. I am sure both parties are at a loss right now.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    My takeaways: The guy is an idiot to test fire a gun in the backyard of his row home within city limits. Also, shame on the "friends" who loaned him the guns but did not discuss proper gun ownership and training. He was arming up after yet another home invasion where his baby momma was tied up and home ransacked. It is good she is still alive and it doesn't sound like she was taken advantage of. The police had a press conference and did not come out and say " After being told to drop the weapon..." sort of statement. They came out with an " I don't want to speculate..." statement. I will not speculate or come to rash conclusions either but have reservations if they cannot come right out an say they gave him an order and he did not comply or wheeled on them. Remember, they have shot their own who was in plain clothes doing policing.(RIP Off. Torbit) and acknowledged major changes needed to be made.
    Some facts that put perspective on this and possibly use with the likes of Dels. Anderson and Carter: There is nowhere to shoot in the city. The publicly run ranges that I know (Elk Neck, Hap Baker) do not allow one to shoot a shotty unless it has rifle sights and one can only send slugs down range. They don't even allow patterning for turkey season. He is doing what crazy uncle Joe told him to do. Lots of B-more residents are not super into guns but they buy a shotgun because of these home invasions and burglaries. Many don't know where to go to legally shoot a gun. These resources, public and private, are not exactly advertised much in the free state. These are the people that SB281 will impact the most.
    Off my city perspective soapbox for now.

Pirate

Mar 20, 2010
    When the father was asked if his son would have put the gun down if requested by police he said of course he would. Anyone with common sesne would. He said that with a straight face right after they showed where his son was firing into the ground in the city. I would like to see him prove his son has common sense.

Sundancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Harford County
    When the father was asked if his son would have put the gun down if requested by police he said of course he would. Anyone with common sesne would. He said that with a straight face right after they showed where his son was firing into the ground in the city. I would like to see him prove his son has common sense.

Well...with how "common sense" is being used nowadays by pols:rolleyes:....

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Both parties are at fault. First, dumbass shouldn't have been firing a shotgun in his backyard in the city. Second, it sounds like the officer may have fired before giving the man a chance to surrender.

Oh I see....you were there, know the enviroment, and have LE use of force training.

That's clears it up. Guess your right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom