• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCarlton81

Oct 13, 2012
    Severn
    While I don't disagree with the 1911, I find it hard to agree that it is the 1 must have pistol. The general basis for my thoughts on this is, that if I were limited to only one pistol, and I chose a 1911, which one would I choose? I am not an indecisive person, but I don't think I am capable of answering so difficult of a question as picking only 1 1911.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Colt Single Action Army in .45LC with a 7.5" bbl is my Holy Grail.

For you id recommend any of the Colt copies of the Single Action Army in .45 Colt. You gotta balance the collection out with some style. Old fashioned style.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    BROWNING GUY has it right ( IMO :-) ...although...I would be a little more flexible with either a Colt Python or a S & W ...I like the Mod 19 w a 4" or 6" barrel, both are nice....:-)

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    I currently have a Sig P226 .40 and Glock 19. They're both AMAZING and have never given me any problems. Now I'm kind of at a stalemate as to what I should get next? Or if I should even get anything at all.

Just wondering what your end-all, be-all pistols are?

22 target pistol... ruger , browning...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    All are must have. But if you are meaning "one and only pistol for the rest of your life" I would have to go with what CFCE above said or Rick from The walking dead and pick a .357 wheel gun, long barrel.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Colt Single Action Army in .45LC with a 7.5" bbl is my Holy Grail.

For you id recommend any of the Colt copies of the Single Action Army in .45 Colt. You gotta balance the collection out with some style. Old fashioned style.

I have a 1858 Remington New army 45ACP. I love it. It has less recoil then my 45ACP semi auto and it is super accurate.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    A 1911 would be pretty high on my "must have" list. It's the classic American gun.

jtarpley59

live free or die
    Jan 6, 2010
    Churchton
    While there are plenty of hand guns I want, but if I could only have one. It would be a 1911 .45 you cannot go wrong. Every modern hand gun you own or will own take something from the 1911.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom