• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robdiao

Oct 7, 2010
    Charles County
    The rule about patterning is that. One shot only. Check pattern. Replace target and repattern. Only thing they don't like is doing a multi shot without aiming and distroying the stand. All common sence kinda deal.

That's because too many morons shooting from the hip with pistol-grip shotties loaded with 00. I've seen them on several occasions just laugh their asses off when they destroy the stand.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    That's because too many morons shooting from the hip with pistol-grip shotties loaded with 00. I've seen them on several occasions just laugh their asses off when they destroy the stand.

I have seen that too. In fact, these clowns destroyed on purpose half the target stands in one afternoon.

Copenhaver

Feb 19, 2011
    St.Marys
    Heading out to the grove tomorrow, I'm gonna finish breaking in my sub2k. Thats if the lady at walmart will sell me 9mm, I'm just gonna emphasize its for a rifle as much as I can.

g19fanatic

Aug 2, 2010
    Lex Park, MD
    This past weekend I took my new lil marlin 795 out to the range. It was a lot of fun driving some 22s into the bullseye from 20 yrds... My wife had a blast as well... Will need to mount a scope to it and try out a lil farther :-)

All was great except for getting rained on by some hot .380 casings from the group to the left of us... :-/

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I took my M57 to the range for the first time today and I have come to the conclusion that...I can't hit shit with pistols. :o Tried 7 yard shots at a 12" target; out of 9 rounds, only 5 hit and they were all low and to the right. :sad20:

Good news is I finally manned up and tried a 100 yard shot with my Mosin Nagant, 7/10 shots landed on a 12" B&C target. :D

Luckily there was only one person at the range, I was too embarrassed to try my first 100 yard shots on a busy day. What if I missed all the shots? Crazy Al would have a field day. I remember meeting him for the first time he was shooting 1-inch groups at 100 yards with a .22, I had my Mosin at 50 yards shooting 8-inch groups.

I can manage 1-MOA accuracy with the scoped AK at 100 yards. :P

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Thanks to lx1x for letting me share a bench and fire those fine rifles today.:party29:

I got to blast the M1A at 100yds with open sights. Didn't do too awfully bad given my poor eyesight.

lx1x, if you remember the eye doctor's name who made those purpose built shooting glasses?

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    ok guys, I know the rules state paper targets only but do you all think one of the rubber spinner targets out at the berm would be ok?

Dicks has a nice orange ground squirrel spinner target and i would like to get one but don't want to casue any issues.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    ok guys, I know the rules state paper targets only but do you all think one of the rubber spinner targets out at the berm would be ok?

Dicks has a nice orange ground squirrel spinner target and i would like to get one but don't want to casue any issues.

I think you just answered your own question.:thumbsup:

People have tried it and got reamed out in short order. (When MG staff are present.)

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I cna understand that they dont want people just taking trashlike cans and bottles to the range and shoot them and leave a big mess, I can also under not using steal targets up close as to the chance of back splatter. but what we are talking about are true targets and since they are rubber the bullet wasses trough with no chance of back splatter.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Thanks to lx1x for letting me share a bench and fire those fine rifles today.:party29:

I got to blast the M1A at 100yds with open sights. Didn't do too awfully bad given my poor eyesight.

lx1x, if you remember the eye doctor's name who made those purpose built shooting glasses?

thanks too for letting me shoot your m1a.. its an awesome rifle.. like i said.. no scope.. might as well put a barn at 100 yards.. i got better chance hitting it.. ;)

glasses.. its here somewhere.. it was one of the thread i saw..

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=5100
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=45959&highlight=shooting+glasses

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom