• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I've been thinking about this a lot today. Probably more than I should considering I never met Brian face to face but for some reason this really struck a chord.*
    Lessons:*
    go out and make the effort to meet anyone you want to meet. You /they might not be here tomorrow.*
    Do your best to treat people the way you'd want to be treated. I never saw Mooseman treat anyone like shit on this board.*
    Humor can work wonders in lots of situations.*

Things I know about him.*

He was beloved by many. This speaks volumes of the man. *
    He loved his dogs. I'll really miss his rotating seasonal Dachshund avatar pic.*
    He was a gun guy. I don't think do need to explain this here.*
    He was a Freemason. Which means I know the kind company he kept and what other men thought of him. Truly an man of character.*
    At one point he owned and enjoyed an RD Yamaha. Anyone who likes and rides two-stroke yammys is a A person with damned fine taste in my book. *
    Brian "Mooseman" Buck is a man I am truly sorry not to have met in person.*

Last edited:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Losing my Mom on March 25th was tough, but waking up knowing that she would not be at Easter dinner was like a punch to the stomach. Then I check my emails and hear about the passing of Mooseman. That took the wind out of my sails, I gotta tell ya. I've been in a funk all day long. I'm just now coming to accept everything I've experienced today. Lets keep the bad news to a minimum for the next week/month/year. I guess it was a perfect storm for me today. So many emotions, I gotta tell ya it was tough.

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    This is very sad news.

I knew of "Mooseman" only through his many posts I read & the stories shared here of good times had between friends. From what I read, he seemed a genuinely good man who enjoyed spending time with family, friends, and of course his dogs.

Unfortunately, the family & friends he (or anyone of us) leave behind are the ones who no longer have what many times we take for granted.

Each day is a gift.

He is in a better place now. Rest in Peace Brian.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    That was Mooseman's nature. He'd do about anything for anyone and never wanted any credit. :thumbsup:

Can you put a name to all the faces?

Well, j0864 is behind the camera. On the far left is Wagtail. On the far right is Engine4. I'm next to him with my hands in my wife's shoulders. On my right is Lou45. And our recently deceased friend is in front sitting down.

That's ShallNotInfringe standing behind Mooseman, with Mopar on her right with his hand on her shoulder.

I'm standing behind Mopar and SNI with my arm around my fiancée. SNI's son is kneeling beside her. I think that's Stan in the blue, standing to my right.

That was a great weekend that concluded with a great range day.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    So sorry to hear that, I know he has helped so many of us here. He will truly be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Just seeing this now. My condolences to his family and friends. I never met Brian personally, but had sent him some old ammo he wanted to fool around with and try reloading. Seemed like a great guy from our pm exchanges. RIP

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Prayers to the family and friends of Mooseman.

It is obvious by this thread he was a man whose actions connected in a positive way with many others. I traded a few PM's with him and always enjoyed this posts.

MDS is a lesser place without him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom