• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Nice little pistol. It came yesterday from J&G. I paid for an extra mag and to hand pick it. I wouldn't say it's VG, but it's good.

That double action is cRaZy hard to pull.

It's so damn cool to have it delivered to your front door! ***:thumbsup:***

Attachments

• P-64 right 2.jpg
      P-64 right 2.jpg
      120.4 KB · Views: 482
    • P-64 left.jpg
      P-64 left.jpg
      94.5 KB · Views: 489

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    The safety will loosen up if it is super tight. The hammer spring can easily be replaced to fix the DA trigger.

Invariably when I take new shooters out, that is the handgun they want to shoot. It does look James Bond cool.:thumbsup:

captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    I have heard the trigger pull is very very heavy on these guns. How hard is it to replace the springs and how much does it actually improve the pull. Also who sells the spring kits.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    When they went C&R last year a bunch of us got them and there were many who changed the springs. I didnt though. Good info here also > http://p64resource.com/forum/

I find this little pistol to be very accurate. I was lucky last year and got one of each hammer type in my order. One looks like it was never fired There are not even slide marks on the frame rails!

You will have fun with it.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I have heard the trigger pull is very very heavy on these guns. How hard is it to replace the springs and how much does it actually improve the pull. Also who sells the spring kits.

The trigger pull was more than "very, very heavy" on mine. It was impossible.

I installed the 18 pound spring from Wolff, and it made the pistol shootable. Still on the heavy side, but shootable. The ergonomics aren't great for me, since I have small hands. It's like the pistol was deliberately designed for large hands, which is great if you have large hands.

Still, it is a solid, high quality pistol, pretty cool, neat range toy that could serve in a more serious role if necessary.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    It does have a few nicks here and there: It is definitely not new. I guess I got really lucky.

I was going to bitch to them, but maybe I should put it though it's paces and see how it fairs, first. I don't see any red where my safety is supposed to be...see pic.

If I bitch I'll have to pay two more shipping charges and that will piss me off more, I think.

Attachments

• no red dot.jpg
      no red dot.jpg
      98.4 KB · Views: 380

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads