• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pumperp5

Feb 19, 2010
    Upperco
    I went trap and sporting clay shooting today for the 1st time. DAMN that was fun! Im still grinnin from ear to ear. I met up with 3 guys that let me shoot with them and we had a freakin blast. Well I did anyway. They seemed to as well.

Started with 25 rounds at the trap shoot. Scored a 22 of 25, not to shabby for a 1st timer with a Rem. 870 Wingmaster 12 ga. pump. Great time, great practice. Very cheap, $3.00 and a box of shells. Tough to find a sport/hobby that can compete with that. I will be back Monday night.

Then came the sporting clays. WOW! That was awesome! 10 stations with different ways the birds fly at you. Up, down, left, right, together, across the ground, 2 at a time. Very, very challenging but fun as hell! Scored a 30 of 50. again, 1st time ever and I used a pump shot gun. Other people I've talked too said I should be happy with scoring 15 - 20. The 3 guys with me said I should very happy with that score. Of course they were scoring 47, 48. But these boys were good and had bad a$$ semi auto shotguns. It was similer to a round of golf with your buddies. We were cutting up, joking around, ribbing one another. Man what a good time. $10 & 2 boxes of shells. What a deal, for that much fun I'd pay double.

For anyone thats never tried this, DO IT! You wont be disappointed! I cant wait to go again. For around $35.00 I had one of the best days shooting I've ever had. And fyi, I am bigtime "ADDICTED". Time to start shopping for a proper gun. Yippie! :party29:

pumperp5

Feb 19, 2010
    Upperco
    Here you go:

http://www.sportingclayandtrap.org/home.html

TRAP SHOOTING:

Fee:
    Member $3.00
    Non Member $3.50
    Time: 5pm
    When Every Monday

January - April, 5 pm, $3 (adults) $2 (youth) per round of 25.

Eye and ear protection is recommended on all firearms ranges.

Sporting Clay:

Fees:
    Non-Member $12
    Member $10
    Women $10
    Children under 16 $ 6
    Begins 9am
    Last Sign Up 2pm

Wobble Trap
    All Shooters $5 per 25

When 1st and 3rd SATURDAYS of each month

Sporting Clay Course open as weather permits. A minimum of 50 shot shells are needed - 2¾" - no larger than 7½ shot, which may be purchased at the Club House.

Eye and ear protection is recommended on all firearms ranges

Block Shoot:

Block shoots are every Monday night, from January to March, sign-up starts at 6 pm; the shoot begins at 7 pm or shortly thereafter. Bring your own shotgun and purchase a line of 6 shots at $2 each shot, or $12 per line. In rounds 1 to 6 the highest score wins a prize, such as a whole ham, bag of shrimp, or other great prize. During the Block Shoots the kitchen is open and a good selection is available from the Menu as well as a weekly meal special.

Winning cards will be placed on a board noting the status of winners. Do not remove these cards from the board. In an effort to distribute prizes quickly and in an orderly manner, the moderator will remove these cards and give them to the man who distributes prizes. Any card missing from the board will receive his / her prize last.

Eye and ear protection is recommended on all firearms ranges.

vladimir_taltos

May 12, 2009
    Finksburg
    Ain't it great. I shot for the first time last Wednesday and can't wait to go again today out at the AGC. Unfortunately I didn't score as well.:envy:

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I used to go to PG several years ago with a friend of mine. We used to go during the week, and it was mostly the same group of older retired guys, who were awesome shots, BTW. I hadn't done it before, but I would generally score a 18 or 19 out of 25, after being there for several weeks. (I think my first score was something like a 11 or 12.:o) I did get a 24 once, but only once. This was with a Mossberg 500. What impressed me most was how supportive and helpful everyone there was. No one made fun of you for missing, and all would offer great advice, that ultimately helped me improve my score. I also enjoyed the friendly banter and stories of the older guys, who apparantly had been friends for years. You're right, it's very addictive. My friend went on the join a league, but with a baby on the way at the time, I didn't have any extra time to devote to it. I may go back someday, I really enjoyed the comradery as much as the shooting!:)

MH

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Trap and Sporting Clays are very addictive. I enjoy wobble, 5 stand, sporting and trap, never shot skeet yet. I can spend a day out and shoot 200 or so rounds and it doesn't cost me a fortune. Looking forward to getting together with a few of you guys to bust some birds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom