• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Got most of the Cosmoline goo out of her tonight and she is a beauty! The crest is scrubbed but it is smooth and doesn't detract from the guns look. wood is in great shape. My only minor dislike is the difference in color of the stock and hand guard. However as long as she shoots in the end i'm happy. this isn't a wall hanger but a gun meant to be used and enjoyed:D For those of you who were thinking about buying one.... GET ONE!

DSC00982.jpg

DSC00977.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Very nice! You can probably stain the handguard with a bit of Fiebings Leather Dye (alcohol-based) to get a better match.

How's the bore?

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Very nice! You can probably stain the handguard with a bit of Fiebings Leather Dye (alcohol-based) to get a better match.

How's the bore?

bore looks solid. nice rifling from what i can tell. No pitting to be seen. Its a true DEAL at 225 shipped

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    That's a purdy one, Tootall. Congrats.
    If I didn't already have more Mausers than I have room for I'd be ordering one of those...
    Very nice!

sergey

Dec 25, 2008
    elegant rifle, I saw this on aim and am tempted. does this one have a square notch rear sight or a V notch?

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    from what i am reading by my serial # in the stock and on the receiver I am holding a Romanian issued czech vz24

The Czechoslovakian Armaments Factory started making specially designated vz. 24s in 1938 after the German invasion. Romania was part of the Axis during World War II. "Romanian" vz. 24s have a letter followed by an "R" in the serial number; for example SR 1XXX. Romanian vz. 24s "AR", "BR", "CR"... all the way through "YR" represent different periods of manufacturing, no rifle with "ZR" has been found. The Czech's made 25,000 rifles for each period roughly totaling 625,000 Romanian vz. 24s. Romanian vz. 24's saw action in Ukraine, Bessarabia, and Stalingrad in the hands of Romanian Soldiers fighting for the Axis. It was not until 1944 that Romania joined the Allies.

I have a DR and it is a 3 digit serial # following it

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    Nice rifle !
    They have very smooth actions .
    I got mine from AIM about 6 years ago.
    I removed the Russian re-blue from the bolt , bayonet lug , band spring , butt plate and the face of the rear sight leaf back to the 300 meter mark.
    I even got an original cleaning rod off e-pay to make it look like it did when it was made back in the late '30's.
    MyMilitarySurplusRifles002.jpg

MyMilitarySurplusRifles003.jpg

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    Not so much Russian captures but more of a Russian refurb.
    I think technically only Germany surendered to Russia ?
    The Russians reblued all the metal including the originaly unblued parts like the bolt.
    Added a new odd looking cleaning rod and then put them in new made stocks.
    The handguards are original VZ.24 beech (I think) which is a different wood than the stocks and the reason they do not match in color.
    I dyed mine to try and get it to match a little better.
    I also finished the stock with BLO.
    The rifles look like new outside with the new stocks and reblued metal but a lot of them can have lightly to heavily frosted bores.
    I think a few distributors still have some that are not scrubbed with the original CZ lion crest for more $ .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom