• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bronco94

Mar 27, 2009
    Bel Air/College Park
    Well its tough to sleep knowing I'm going to pick up my new AK later today. It's my first of many purchases after turning 21 a few weeks ago.

It's a TGI AMD AK.

I'll post pictures later today after I've picked it up, so I'll start the "no pics" hassling for you all...:needpics:

Have a good day everyone...pics to come later

EDIT: pictures added

Last edited:

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Awesome!

My first rifle was a AK. It was cheap ($242) and I knew it was famously indestructable so I thought it would be a great rifle to learn on. 1000 rounds later it's as sweet as ever. Still one of my favorites to shoot! :thumbsup:

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    You've taken the first step on a very long journey, you have an excellant information resource here - have fun!

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    congrats my first regulated was an I.O. AK47:thumbsup: i suggest picking up a maglula magazine loader/unloader if you don't have one already

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    I have an AMD-65 matching unfired parts kit that I just had built on a Spud Nodak receiver by Overland Industries. They did and awesome job with total attention to every detail for $300. It is a beauty. Almost to pretty to shoot!
    My first AK is a Arsenal USA SSR-56-2 with a 1.6mm receiver and a Eotech 512.A65 halo sight (seen in my Avitar).
    My second AK is a Saiga 7.62x39 conversion that I did myself.
    I love AKs, but I had to get a H&K G3 kit which I had built on a PTR91 receiver by Jeff Walters (found on HK Pro forum user name ghilliebear2000). What a super job he did for $500.
    Hey, and while I am reloading 7.62x51, I should get an old Mauser with Spanish crest marked MODELO 1912 NATO Waffenfabrik Steyr Austria. Hey, I won that auction today for $163.
    Man, I got this military rifle bug bad.....

May your first AK not be your last! Congratulations!

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    My first reg was a milled Arsenal SLR-95 laying next to another stamped AK. I knew zip about gun laws and kept asking the guy which one would be easier to convert to full-auto. Everytime I asked he stared strait ahead and said "I do not know what you are referring to sir." Eventually I got the hint.:o:facepalm::smack: I felt like an ass but it was a learning experience. Right then and there I found the tip of the iceberg when it comes to stupid gun laws and how "free" we really are.

You will be very happy with your chioce of a virtually maintenance free firearm and will forever wonder why all guns aren't built like this.:confused:

Happy shooting!:thumbsup:

bronco94

Mar 27, 2009
    Bel Air/College Park
    Hey everyone, sorry for the delay. Yesterday was kind of hectic so I'm just getting around to taking pictures today.

Here's my new baby:

img00065200909190940.jpg

img00066200909190941.jpg

img00067200909190941.jpg

Sorry for the cellphone pictures but you get the idea.

Can't wait to get out and shoot now!

bronco94

Mar 27, 2009
    Bel Air/College Park
    Clandestine...the wood on your AK is gorgeous. I'll probably be ordering a stock set to do something similar to mine. The link you posted in the other thread was most helpful...thanks

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Clandestine...the wood on your AK is gorgeous. I'll probably be ordering a stock set to do something similar to mine. The link you posted in the other thread was most helpful...thanks

Thanks for the compliments. nice rig you have there too :D

Let me know if you need any assistance with your wood or AK work, ill be glad to offer what I can. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom