My new .40 caliber staple gun (Beretta 96D)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    I got this from sbarber???, in the classifieds here. Great gun, great price, nice accessories (4mags, level III holster, and nite-sites), I'm happy.

It is pretty accurate and I can put up with the trigger.

Anyone else have them or like Beretta 96z ? I saw the police forums trashing them to no end and saying better things about Glock 22/23s.

I made this video of the gun working.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    Mark

cool video!!! Do you like the "D" frame. I just got the PX4(F) but hadn't had a chance to take it out yet. This is my 2nd Beretta

It is nice. I don't know how much I notice the frame because it came with these nice oversized rubber grips. The trigger is broken in so hard double action squeeze is not bad, unless you need to shoot at an instant.

It is fun, everyone should get one or a 92FS since they sell for ~$300 used. Maybe when the war ends and police get fed up with Berettas, the civilian market will be flooded with cheap Berettas just looking for a nice home.

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    Nice video but WTH is up with your choice of music??? I love the 96's. I personally own 5 of them, they are great guns and are priced right too.

Last edited:

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    Before I bought my Px4 I was looking at 96s. I could only find 92s, and I wasn't a big fan of the grip or the weight. My PX4 (.40) is perfect though. I have no complaints with my Beretta.

www.berettaforum.net

R

RavensD

I want to get a 96, when are the MSP trade ins going to be sold or did I miss the boat?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Got an M9 version of the 92FS, so far, about 10,000 rounds without a jam or FTF of any kind, mostly handloads too, and is about the easiest pistol to accurately rapid fire that I own, I love it.

As far as the D model trigger, there is not much that can be done to lighten it, while maintaining reliability. It can be smoothed, but if you go with a lighter hammer spring you may get light strikes, and the reset spring doesn't make a huge difference in weight, but slows down the reset enough to make rapid fire difficult.

focusr3

Apr 23, 2008
    msp is still turning in there's that boat hasn't even came in yet i work for msp and they are trading out as they qual. Then beretta will get them back before resale they won't even let the troopers buy there weapon like they have in the past.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    msp is still turning in there's that boat hasn't even came in yet i work for msp and they are trading out as they qual. Then beretta will get them back before resale they won't even let the troopers buy there weapon like they have in the past.

So how exactly does Beretta resell? Do they sell it on a contract, to gun distributer or to complete idiots who don't know the guns are used?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom