• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dear Mr C---- J------,

In the nationwide uproar of gun control I was wondering how you were going to handle new laws that may be implemented? A little about myself. I have grown up in frederick county and have loved the area. Ive been involved with hunting and fishing my whole life. Being taught very important life lesson by my father while spending time out in the woods hunting. Im a member of the --------- volunteer fire department, as well as the ------issac walton league. I help teach young kids to shoot trap with a program offered by the IWLA. I spend a lot of time hunting, and shooting. In the past weeks of watching the news and hearing about new laws that are going to be introduced, it seems as if we are no longer going to be able to do as we please. I am a big second ammendment supporter and believe that the right shall not be infringed apon. It seems every year we loose rights because of actions that criminals commit. When are people going to realize that criminals do not follow the law? People may look at the newtown school shooting and say Lanza wasn't a criminal but infact he was. Its sad to look at where this country has gone and its even sadder that we have let it get this far. Enough is enough. Id like to know what your plans are? Governor O'malley is to sign a strick gun law such as the one as New York Governor Cuomo. I was wondering if you were going to enforce the laws that are unconstitutional if Governor O'malley were to pass a stricter gun control bill. I do believe that every police officer takes an oath before becoming a police officer. I do believe that it stated ," I will support the Constitution of The United States." Mr J------ I have a hard time seeing how law enforcement officers can enforce a law that is unconstitutional. I have taken pride in being a maryland resident but i have to say this will be the end. If politicians think this is constitutional we are in a world of hurt. We need people who are going to stand up and fight for our rights and what america was founded on. I know you are an outdoorsman. Ive talked to you at several gun raffels. Ive seen you at Thurmont sportsmans club. You also have to see this is wrong. If we and everyone sit back and let this happen before to long we won't be able to own guns at all. I have to stand for what I believe in. I urge everyone else that enjoys the ownership of firearms to start fighting what they believe in. You have a tough job to do and I thank you for what you have done. In this day and age I would dread being a law enforcement officer. I hope that your heart will lead you in supporting what is right and stand up for what you believe in. I hope and pray that our leaders lead us in the right path. Thank you for your time.

"Act according to the law they teach you and the decisions they give you. Do not turn aside from what they tell you, to the right or to the left."

Deuteronomy 17:11 NIV

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Not sure if you realize it but the High Sherrif is solidly on our side on this. Testified at the hearing and has been an outspoken supporter of gun owners. You need to hammer on Ron Young who is a sponsor of these bills, apparently no one is opposing this in Frederick

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    If this letter is to the Frederick County Sheriff he is hardcore 2nd amendment. He was at the hearings until 9 oclock. I think he got to testify around 8. I think most of the Sheriffs are on the side of the Constitution. Reading the NY Sheriff's response to the Governor was quite enlightening.

Vic

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom