• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    So what's next ? It's more than just fingerprints, picture ID, registration and shooting one round.

RQL for rifles is next. (Maybe shotguns will be included)

Then the grandfather clause will be done away with. To own a rifle or pistol you need to have the license. You would then be required to register everything you have. No big deal - you are 'qualified' now. Maryland will be safer.

Then, you can't go to range without a HQL or RQL. MSP will periodically check ranges and request to see your license and use the online database to match you to whatever rifle or pistol you are using. Wouldn't want no illegal guns out there.

Then they will get technical. RFID chip in the license, you will have to walk thru a RFID screen every time you go to the range. Then MSP can see how many times you actually go to the range and shoot. Maybe even track where you go (if you carry the license). Strange that you go to some secret hide away in the woods with about 20 of your fellow HQL/RQL licensees about once a month.

The snowball is building and rolling downhill and we are at the bottom.

Remember - the earth is flat, taxes are just temporary and gun registration reduces crime and saves lives.

Yeah, I'm wearing a tinfoil hat. :tinfoil: Yeah call me crazy. :crazy:

It can't happen to us.

QUIT TRYING TO SCARE US!!!

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    So what's next ? It's more than just fingerprints, picture ID, registration and shooting one round.

RQL for rifles is next. (Maybe shotguns will be included)

Then the grandfather clause will be done away with. To own a rifle or pistol you need to have the license. You would then be required to register everything you have. No big deal - you are 'qualified' now. Maryland will be safer.

Then, you can't go to range without a HQL or RQL. MSP will periodically check ranges and request to see your license and use the online database to match you to whatever rifle or pistol you are using. Wouldn't want no illegal guns out there.

Then they will get technical. RFID chip in the license, you will have to walk thru a RFID screen every time you go to the range. Then MSP can see how many times you actually go to the range and shoot. Maybe even track where you go (if you carry the license). Strange that you go to some secret hide away in the woods with about 20 of your fellow HQL/RQL licensees about once a month.

The snowball is building and rolling downhill and we are at the bottom.

Remember - the earth is flat, taxes are just temporary and gun registration reduces crime and saves lives.

Yeah, I'm wearing a tinfoil hat. :tinfoil: Yeah call me crazy. :crazy:

It can't happen to us.

*****Are you nuts!!! Don't give those guys in Annapolis any ideas. I would have been even more upset if you had mentioned the plan for biometric locks on guns that the police can de-activate before serving out a warrant!. You know - before coming to confiscate your guns after having found out through the Obamacare website your doctor updated after your yearly physical anal-probing and secret rectal micro-chipping that you got prescribed an anti-depressant due to how long it was taking to receive your HQL.... :lol:

FireAtWill

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Sep 12, 2013
    Frederick
    That pretty much sums up my feelings and several posts here which in some cases have been taken out of context. If I decide to get another handgun, I will obviously get one. I made the decision to spend way more than planned in order to buy quite a few handguns in advance of the HQL requirement. Two of which I had in my "someday" list and I was lucky enough to find them. Right now there are no handguns out there that I want.

As far as "flooding the system", it seems they had a plan for that and are pushing them through at lightning speed. I did my part of adding to the logjam by purchasing several handguns in the last coupl eof months as well as applying for DC status.

I'm in exactly the same place.

For me, rushing out and getting an HQL that I don't need right away isn't going to happen...especially when it just gives MOM the chance to say, "Now that wasn't so bad, was it?" and to high-five with his peers and thumb his nose at his detractors while he points to the metrics associated with his subjects simply racing to "be assimilated" (in my best Borg voice). I will not "be assimilated"...until someone makes a handgun that I simply can't live without.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    The fact that this rolled out so smoothly makes me think it has been waiting in the wings for quite some time.

I'll eventually get mine if I don't leave Maryland first.

But, I'll be damned if I am going to do backflips because of it.

:mad54:

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i was at Bart's today and a guy used his HQL card.
    he was happy...i just shook my head.:sad20:

dan

Jun 14, 2012
    Calvert
    Reading this thread made me feel very sad, more than when I first new of the bills passing. I am now convinced that a peoples liberty isnt guarded by some watchful God, the brave actions of forefathers, or even a piece of paper in DC. The only thing that keeps it alive is that it is percieved to be so precious that it is worth killing and being killed for, the moment in which that love is lost, it is only a matter of time before liberty dies too. There will always be people who want it to take it away, human history is surely a testament to that. They'll use whatever means they can, violence and threats, treasures and promises, these means are sometimes called legal sometimes illegal, but they are just means, it is the ends which should concern us.

That our natural rights have been violated, and will continue to be violated by the rulings of a democracy, should be no less repugnant to us than if those violations were made by a king. Yet you do not mourn the loss of your rights, or rue the day you lost the most precious gift your ancestors had given you, worst you do not percieve the future that awaits your children. You laugh at the concerns of others, dismissing as misguided paranoia and nostalgia, while you yourself can remember days when you were more free.

I do not expect people to rise with great anger and violence at this maltreatment, that would take a kind of courage that seems to have long died here, but to rejoice while being trampled? I feel as though a stranger in a foreign land.

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie

I wish I had something witty to say (like "his mommy must be proud") but it's 2am and I woke up to go to bathroom. I did fart though. Does that count ?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Let's see how long it takes for these HQL applications to start taking 30-60-90 days to process as time goes on and more people apply, and as the possibility of a temporary restraining order based in part on HQL processing delays recedes.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    There are people on both sides of the fence here. The over flow them so they get jammed up and look like asshats. the F-them, I am not getting that stupid thing that says I have permission to exercise a right. Both have there reasons and most of them valid. This is a weird place to be right now because whichever way you lean, O-****-tard wins. Don't get the lisc., he is ok with that cause it means less guns. Get the lics., YEAHHHH more money in my pocket. People have to make the decision for themselves which side to be on, but I don't feel it right to bash anyone for there particular choice.

as for me, I have made all the purchases I need to make. See you all in Annapolis, it is going to be a long session.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Right now dealers have to compete with Wal-Mart to sell shotguns and bolt action hunting rifles. It was a windfall for them leading up to October 1st, but it's going to be lean times for a while. I'm sorry to see that they are going to suffer from this. It'll be good to remember who was accommodating and who wasn't.

wt71

Sep 5, 2013
    Carroll County
    actual card to purchase

Mine is active now too (as of this morning). I don't think you'll need the actual card to purchase, just the number.

You DO need the card in your hand to purchase! That's why your picture is on it to idenify yourself as not to use anyone elses card.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    You DO need the card in your hand to purchase! That's why your picture is on it to idenify yourself as not to use anyone elses card.

Based on what? What is your source when you say you DO need the card? Not hammering you--I've just been looking for something official from MSP or Dealer Association that says YES or NO to having just the number for a purchase or actually having the card.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Based on what? What is your source when you say you DO need the card? Not hammering you--I've just been looking for something official from MSP or Dealer Association that says YES or NO to having just the number for a purchase or actually having the card.

Try page 27 of SB281

(B) A DEALER OR ANY OTHER PERSON MAY NOT SELL, RENT, OR
    2 TRANSFER A HANDGUN TO A PURCHASER, LESSEE, OR
    3 TRANSFEREE UNLESS THE PURCHASER, LESSEE, OR TRANSFEREE PRESENTS TO
    4 THE DEALER OR OTHER PERSON A VALID HANDGUN
    5 QUALIFICATION LICENSE
    ISSUED TO THE PURCHASER, LESSEE, OR TRANSFEREE
    6 BY THE SECRETARY UNDER THIS SECTION.

wt71

Sep 5, 2013
    Carroll County

Based on:

From MSP site:

Who Should Apply?

A person may not purchase, rent, or receive a handgun after October 1, 2013unless they possess a valid Handgun Qualification License (HQL) issued by the Maryland State Police or qualify for exemption status.

From a Dictionary:

Definition of possess : To possess something is to have it.

Oct 11, 2013
    PG Co.

I applied for my HQL (I have a weapon in limbo too :sad20: at BPS) the evening of 10/9 and was active sometime late on 10/10. I had to call the MSP to answer some questions the afternoon of 10/9, and at that time the TFC told me they had sent out *zero* HQLs, but a batch was headed to a third-party printer. She said she had no idea how long it would take the printer to finish printing the HQLs but they had 30 days to mail them. I assume when the HQLs are printed the MSP would have to review them first, then send them out (rather than the printer mailing them). Since this guy at Bart's got his, that makes me think that first batch was printed and mailed pretty quickly. I hope mine comes soon so I can liberate my purchase from BPS! ;)

P.S. This is my first post. I just joined... this is a very informative and fun forum!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom