• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    NY will still be worse, and has been for a while now. At least the MD anti-carry law has the verbiage that you must "knowingly" be in violation. Marylanders can also own fun stuff like standard capacity mags, suppressors, and SBRs. All NFA items are banned in NY except for law enforcement. Even semi-auto rifles now require a permit in order to be purchased, and NY is also implementing background checks for purchasing ammo in 2 weeks. If you hate guns and freedom in general, NY is the place to be.
    Tell me how many New York citizens registered their “assault weapons” and turned in their mags.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Looks like even the people with permits are doing some not so good things.

From MPD's latest weekly firearm recovery list 9/4-9/12. Total of 76 firearms recovered!

A Glock 27 .40 caliber handgun was recovered in the 1800 block of Central Place, Northeast. The following person was arrested: 36-year-old Ashley Boney, of Northeast, D.C., for Pistol License Violation and Possession with Intent to Distribute a Controlled Substance while Armed. CCN: 23-146-809

A Smith & Wesson M&P 380 Shield .380 caliber handgun was recovered in the 1500 block of Southern Avenue, Southeast. The following person was arrested: 32-year-old Rhondesia Shaqwan-Dawn Small, of Southeast, D.C., for Pistol License Violation and Possession of an Open Container of Alcohol. CCN: 23-148-031

I don't read these things every week but this is the first time I saw license violations.
    Couldn’t “pistol license violation” mean they didn’t have one?

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    i dont even pay attention to where im at when in DC. Obviously not walking into federal buildings but i couldnt give 2 shits about being on a sidewalk in front of a gov parking lot or some damn building if im trying to get to a restaurant. Go to gtown waterfront...the wooden dock is fed but the concrete is DC and so is the water. Am i gonna not walk on the dock?

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I don’t use a carry insurance, just a local lawyer. Do what’s your experience with carry insurance? Is it worth it?
    I have the Gold Plan from USSCA: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/

It’s $299/Year. Gold Plan is the least expensive they offer. All the plans have the same insurance coverage, but the higher tier plans include additional classes/perks, etc.

Self-Defense Liability Insurance

Self-Defense Liability Insurance Policy issued to the USCCA, by Universal Fire & Casualty Insurance Company

$2,000,000
    Annual Liability Insurance Limit

No Limit Defense Expenses
    Defense Expenses Incurred in the Defense of a Civil or Criminal Proceeding or Investigation are Paid in Addition to the Limit of Liability for Covered Occurrences

$100,000 Cost of Bail Expenses
    A $1,000,000 bail bond typically costs $100,000 or 10% of the limit. You’ll have $100,000 of funds available for bail expenses including cash bail or the cost of a bail bond and monitoring expenses.

$20,000
    Up to $20,000 for Incidental Expenses

$750
    Up to $750 Per Day for Actual Loss of Earnings
    (Incurred at the Insurer's request in helping with the defense.)

Your Choice of Criminal Defense Attorney1
    When it comes to your defense, you’ll want someone on your side who you’re comfortable with and someone you can trust

Payment as Incurred for Defense Expenses & Cost of Bail Bonds1
    Most people don’t have the funds saved up to cover a costly legal battle — avoid the risk of going bankrupt to cover your defense

Coverage for Lawful Acts of Self‑Defense1
    Lawful acts of self‑defense can be covered regardless of the legal weapon used

I like the idea of having coverage for what could be a very costly trial should something happen. The liability coverage that USCCA provides protects me as well. I also have umbrella coverage through my personal insurance.

Some people here prefer CCW SAFE: https://ccwsafe.com/

Check them out and see what meets your needs.

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    A lot of times I make a wish, it is that a giant sinkhole will disappear DC, completely, forever …

Attachments

• IMG_4619.jpeg
      IMG_4619.jpeg
      16.3 KB · Views: 52

ChesterW8

Mar 31, 2023
    Washington DC
    I have the Gold Plan from USSCA: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/

It’s $299/Year. Gold Plan is the least expensive they offer. All the plans have the same insurance coverage, but the higher tier plans include additional classes/perks, etc.

Self-Defense Liability Insurance

Self-Defense Liability Insurance Policy issued to the USCCA, by Universal Fire & Casualty Insurance Company

$2,000,000
    Annual Liability Insurance Limit

No Limit Defense Expenses
    Defense Expenses Incurred in the Defense of a Civil or Criminal Proceeding or Investigation are Paid in Addition to the Limit of Liability for Covered Occurrences

$100,000 Cost of Bail Expenses
    A $1,000,000 bail bond typically costs $100,000 or 10% of the limit. You’ll have $100,000 of funds available for bail expenses including cash bail or the cost of a bail bond and monitoring expenses.

$20,000
    Up to $20,000 for Incidental Expenses

$750
    Up to $750 Per Day for Actual Loss of Earnings
    (Incurred at the Insurer's request in helping with the defense.)

Your Choice of Criminal Defense Attorney1
    When it comes to your defense, you’ll want someone on your side who you’re comfortable with and someone you can trust

Payment as Incurred for Defense Expenses & Cost of Bail Bonds1
    Most people don’t have the funds saved up to cover a costly legal battle — avoid the risk of going bankrupt to cover your defense

Coverage for Lawful Acts of Self‑Defense1
    Lawful acts of self‑defense can be covered regardless of the legal weapon used

I like the idea of having coverage for what could be a very costly trial should something happen. The liability coverage that USCCA provides protects me as well. I also have umbrella coverage through my personal insurance.

Some people here prefer CCW SAFE: https://ccwsafe.com/

Check them out and see what meets your needs.
    Thank you for this!

avsterbone

Aug 27, 2023
    Michigan
    Couldn’t “pistol license violation” mean they didn’t have one?
    UPDATE: I emailed MPD asking what this means and this was their reply:

Good Evening,

It could be a violation of any of the laws in the DC Code that cover conceal carry and Municipal Regulations in the links below.

DC Code starting at the 7-2509 series : https://code.dccouncil.gov/us/dc/council/code/titles/7/chapters/25

DCMR: https://dcregs.dc.gov/Common/DCMR/SectionList.aspx?SectionNumber=24-2344

Regards,

Hugh Carew
    Officer, Public Information Office
    Office of Communications
    Metropolitan Police Department
    441 4th Street, NW, Suite 1100
    Washington, DC 20001

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Good Evening,

It could be a violation of any of the laws in the DC Code that cover conceal carry and Municipal Regulations in the links below.

DC Code starting at the 7-2509 series : https://code.dccouncil.gov/us/dc/council/code/titles/7/chapters/25

Regards,

Hugh Carew
    Office of Communications
    Washington, DC 20001
    Interesting! Thanks for sharing that.

avsterbone

Aug 27, 2023
    Michigan

Good Evening,

Regards,

Hugh Carew
    Office of Communications
    Washington, DC 20001
    I sent the follow-up question:

"Is it possible for an individual to be charged with "Pistol License Violation" if they do NOT have a D.C. Conceal Carry Permit?"

Their reply:

"Good morning, if you are not properly licensed the charge would be carrying a pistol without a license.

Thank you,

Makhetha"

So this confirms those charges means the individual DID have a DC CPL.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I sent the follow-up question:

"Is it possible for an individual to be charged with "Pistol License Violation" if they do NOT have a D.C. Conceal Carry Permit?"

Their reply:

"Good morning, if you are not properly licensed the charge would be carrying a pistol without a license.

Thank you,

Makhetha"

How about that…

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Carrying concealed without violating DC's 18 enumerated GFZ + their local level ban on carrying within 1,000 feet of a school which DC CCW ARE NOT EXEMPT FROM!* + ALL the federal property which is a GFZ makes for a logistical nightmare.
    WTF are people repeatedly posting these outright falsehoods? This has been addressed over and over. The within 1,000' being a school zone does not in any way create prohibitions. It is a penalty enhancement for committing an actual crime. If you are not committing a gun crime like robbing someone, or carrying without a permit, or murdering someone, it is irrelevant.

Penalty enhancements are common all over the US, in state, county and municipal law. Do you think penalty enhancement statutes all over the US in school zones mean you can't even drive within 1000' of a school? Do you think drug penalty enhancements near school zones all over the US mean you go to prison if walking within 1,000' of a school with a bottle of aspirin?
    Here is top firearms law attorney in DC:
    There has been some misunderstanding recently concerning where one can carry in the District. A recent Facebook post that has been widely disseminated interpreted the DC Gun Free Schools Act as prohibiting carrying a firearm within 1000 feet of a school and certain other locations, which would effectively make 90 plus percent of the District off limits to carry. This law, however, is an enhancement statute that doubles the penalty for otherwise illegally carrying a firearm. It does not apply to persons who have the legal right to carry, such as persons with a DC Concealed Pistol License.

And about 90% of outdoor federal property in DC you can carry.
    All this nonsense comes from totally debunked claims by john Lott who has no background at all in interpreting gun laws.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    NO it does not.

A Glock 30 .45 caliber handgun was recovered in the 3700 block of 10th Street, Northwest. The following person was arrested: 27-year-old xxx xxxx, of Northwest, D.C., for Carrying a Pistol without a License, Pistol License Violation, and Consumption of Marijuana in a Public Space Prohibited. CCN: 23-098-675
    A Taurus .38 caliber revolver was recovered in the 7000 block of Seventh Street, Northwest. The following person was arrested: 30-year-old xxxx xxxx, of Northwest, D.C., for Carrying a Pistol without a License, Distribution of Marijuana while Armed, and Pistol License Violation. CCN: 22-152-375
    I found dozens and dozens in just a few minutes of person changed with both carrying without license and "pistol license violation."

Edit note: I am removing names. But these are real examples and just a sample of at least 50 I found in recent months.

Last edited:

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Looks like even the people with permits are doing some not so good things.

From MPD's latest weekly firearm recovery list 9/4-9/12. Total of 76 firearms recovered!

A Glock 27 .40 caliber handgun was recovered in the 1800 block of Central Place, Northeast. The following person was arrested: 36-year-old Ashley Boney, of Northeast, D.C., for Pistol License Violation and Possession with Intent to Distribute a Controlled Substance while Armed. CCN: 23-146-809

A Smith & Wesson M&P 380 Shield .380 caliber handgun was recovered in the 1500 block of Southern Avenue, Southeast. The following person was arrested: 32-year-old Rhondesia Shaqwan-Dawn Small, of Southeast, D.C., for Pistol License Violation and Possession of an Open Container of Alcohol. CCN: 23-148-031

I don't read these things every week but this is the first time I saw license violations.
    Lots and lots of people charged with both carrying without permit and pistol license violation If you go to eaccess.dccourts.gov/ you can also find people with pistol license violation and criminal records that would certainly prohibit carry, and with a virtual certainty be hard NICs bangs that would preclude registration as well.
    I even see some failure to notify with carrying without a license which means there is a lot of error, or simply a piling on of charges in ways that would be clarified in court.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Chief Contee in late 2021 on the general situation with registered firearms and crime commission:
    When asked to respond to the increase of permit applications out of concern for rising homicides, the Chief told FOX 5, "I think people have a right to, you know, own a firearm legally and those are not the firearms showing up on crime scenes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom