• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    It's been since around November and to this point I'm only waiting on the Bolt & Carrier and a Gas Tube.

I plan on replacing the hand guard soon w/ a 4 rail. Yes I know my MBUS is FDE. I'm planning to go two-tone. When the new hand guard goes on I'll have FDE rail covers, FDE Pmags, and eventually a new FDE stock and grip (I decided on two-tone after buying the stock and grip). Also, it's got a Magpul ASAP single point sling mount and a CCA single point sling. I'm loving the sling setup. Optics are TBD

I'm taking my time with this as it's my first and I want to get it right the first time.

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I haven't heard of anyone breaking one other than overtightening during installastion. Honestly I think anything that could break these would damage the iron ones also. If you wanna drive up to HAp Sunday I'd let you try mine out.

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    I like the MBUS. It flips up with authority. Not gonna lie at first when I first deployed it I was like "Oh crap It's gonna snap and go flying across the room" but it seems pretty solid. For around $50 it's a good product and I think it could take most of what you would put it through. Dropping the gun right on top of it may break it, but I'm sure the iron ones would do the same.

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    Ok so I got bored this morning and decided to try and save myself some money. Whether I did or not is TBD but so far I like it. Once the paint cures for a day or two I'll test it out to see if it'll hold up. I painted the butt stock and mag. I'm sure the mag is going to wear, but it's one of my junkers so who cares right? I've got some Pmags in FDE coming in soon enough. The color is pretty darn close to the MBUS FDE.

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

I have to touch up a little on the edges here but when you don't want an area painted... vaseline is your friend.
    IMG_2969.jpg

The end of the butt stock was left black as well.

I'm sure eventually I'll switch over to a true FDE Magpul stock, but for the time being I just wanna get out and shoot this damn thing.

FDE grip should be here sometime next week.

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    I thought about it but I'll have new hand guards very soon with rails and I'll be going with the Magpul XTM rail panels in FDE so I'll probably just sell the old ones off.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Sounds like your gun will look exactly like mine when you are done except for the barrels and my two-tone XDM panel job. If you need a few FDE panels when you are done let me know, I've got about 5 extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom