• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Just scheduled informal hearing for August 8th. Boss said that I can come in late that day so no need to take a day off.

terp

Jul 12, 2007
    Had my informal hearing today... still going to be denied (no surprise there). Will appeal to board next to attempt to keep the app alive while waiting on a final ruling in Wollard.

The officer told me that the board is waiting on guidance from the AG to see if they can just sit on the hearing requests waiting for the SCOTUS to either rule or deny cert. Seems they don't want to deal with the huge number of appeals heading their way.

HotWheelsUMD

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern Balt Co, MD
    Had my informal hearing today... still going to be denied (no surprise there). Will appeal to board next to attempt to keep the app alive while waiting on a final ruling in Wollard.

The officer told me that the board is waiting on guidance from the AG to see if they can just sit on the hearing requests waiting for the SCOTUS to either rule or deny cert. Seems they don't want to deal with the huge number of appeals heading their way.

fingers crossed on the Woollard cert!

gfmgp

Oct 19, 2010
    I had my informal review over the phone today. The officer said that self defense and all lawful purposes wasn't G&S. The denial will be coming in the mail. He said I need to own a business or have documented threats to get a permit. Everthing I said would get me nowhere.

Seeker

Seeker of Truth
    Aug 1, 2012
    Laurel, PG County, MD
    So, been thinking of going the bounty hunter or private investigator route... Anyone know what the requirements are for getting certified, licensed, and whether you need to work for an existing company or can just form a new one as an individual?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I received a voicemail last Thursday to call and schedule my informal review. I have called and left a VM with Cpl Knaub Monday and today. Still waiting for a return call.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

Bingo! They know their workload will be overwhelming and want a way out. Waiting on cert is an easy way. It'll only be 2-3 months to find out, and its not likely they get through all hearings before then.

ECPDefense

Jun 30, 2010
    Cecil-Tucky

I was hoping they might sit on our applications but it doesn't appear they are going to. I had my informal review in Pikesville on July 5th and received my denial letter yesterday.

On to the HPRB, I will go!

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    I had my informal review today.

Not to reveal anything sensitive, the cop was really nice, but said that my C&R FFL wasn't good enough. He said that I have a good chance of getting a heavily restricted permit via my fiancee's business.

So I'm still in the fight.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Guys, many courts have ruled the 2A is not absolute, and can be regulated, just as the 1A is not absolute.

The "shall nor be infringed argument" isn't reality. Want proof? We live in Maryland.
    That's because from 1879 to 2008 there was effectively no 2nd Amendment at all.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    This is bullschit (as usual). I'd like to see some stats on how many people have been successful at a review (meaning, got issued a permit after being initially denied).

I'd be willing to bet its a fraction of a percent.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I received a voicemail last Thursday to call and schedule my informal review. I have called and left a VM with Cpl Knaub Monday and today. Still waiting for a return call.

Looks like Cpl Knaub drew your number too.
    He left VM on 7/12, and I have called him back 2-3 times leaving VM.
    Well, no big rush. Gura just submitted request to SCOTUS, so I will through that in their face when they finally arrange a review considering they said the reason for denying now is because 4th said no.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    This is bullschit (as usual). I'd like to see some stats on how many people have been successful at a review (meaning, got issued a permit after being initially denied).

I'd be willing to bet its a fraction of a percent.

Wrong.

Everyone I know (4 so far) who have availed themselves of the informal review process have been granted a Maryland handgun permit.

In fact, I don't know anyone who has appeared in person and has been denied.

One hard head allegedly demanded a informal review by phone and was awarded with a result commensurate with his investment. Not that it's right, but you have to play to win.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Wrong.

Everyone I know (4 so far) who have availed themselves of the informal review process have been granted a Maryland handgun permit.

One hard head allegedly demanded a informal review by phone and was awarded with a result commensurate with his investment. Not that it's right, but you have to play to win.
    I was told that I would be denied, but have not received the letter following the informal review as of yesterday (mail has not arrived at the house for today). Trooper listened to my concerns and flatly stated that none of them would apply under the standard as present/operational at the time of my meeting.

Seeker

Seeker of Truth
    Aug 1, 2012
    Laurel, PG County, MD
    Wrong.

What G&S reason did those 4 use during their informal review?

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Wrong.

I got a verbal denial and was told to expect a letter to that affect in two weeks or so. Will be back in MD tomorrow and will see if it arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom