My car was stolen asking for more eyes out and about.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    I wont post how in an open forum but the club is useless. I can remove them in less than 10 seconds without hurting the car or cutting the club. If someone wants the car it will be taken. Anybody that knows what there doing will just use a tow truck anyhow.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    I wont post how in an open forum but the club is useless. I can remove them in less than 10 seconds without hurting the car or cutting the club. If someone wants the car it will be taken. Anybody that knows what there doing will just use a tow truck anyhow.

There's no reason not to say it - anyone who wants to steal a car with the Club already knows how to defeat it, which I figured out about 30 seconds after I saw one for the first time: Cut the steering wheel with a hacksaw or bolt cutter, and slip the Club off.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Like i said it can be done much faster and much more easily without hurting the car or cutting the steering wheel. The first way works if someone thinks putting it on backwards to protect the lock is a good idea. All thats needed is an L shaped tire iron. Simply bend the hook that attaches to the steering wheel. The second way requires about a 3lb hammer. If you give the end with the rubber handle a good wack while supporting the other side so the steering wheel doesnt absorb the shock the club will collapse and fall on the floor. It still looks functional but will no longer lock. The mechanism inside is a joke even if the outside can withstand a shotgun blast.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Well we found the car but its totaled they locked up the engine some how.

Damn. I wish I knew that yesterday as I was weaving through traffic.

I scared the poop out of my wife and the driver of a car that fit the description of your stolen one.

She kept yelling "What are you doing?!?!" All I said was, "Check for old damage on the front end!!!" She thought I'd finally lost it until I explained what happened, after we figured out it wasn't yours.:lol2:

Sorry to hear about your car.:tdown:

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Never ran into one minuteman but it looks like almost an exact copy of the club I would suspect it can be defeated just as easily. I wouldnt focus on things to stop people from driving the car away. Most cars made since year 2000 or so have a computer key. Car wont start without the right key. Screwing with the lock cylinder will disable the car. If your worried just get lojack. Like I said most experienced thieves have graduated to just using a tow truck to take a car. Its a lot faster and easier. The trick is finding the car quickly before damage is done.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Still a bad idea congrats now they only popped your locks and ignition to realize they can't get away buy a club so they dont do either

I'd rather have to deal with a busted ignition cylinder (about $30) and possibly new cylinders for the door's than the alternative. The club's a joke, and any experienced booster is going to have a set of master keys for the older cars (pre 2000 model year), hell I still have my set when I worked repo's, master keys are a lot quieter than a F-450's wheel lift... :innocent0

I just said protected by S&W more as a joke.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I am still curious as to how they "locked the engine up"? Maybe if they nailed the oil pan on something, and it ran out of oil while driving, but who is going to try to lock up the engine on a car they just stole and risk being caught while being where they don't need to be.

You may have already had a professional look it over, but if you haven't, I would remove the starter and see if the engine does turn over with a socket on the crank. Possible they tried to restart it, or screwed up the wiring while driving and the starter was stuck engaged?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom