• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DennisCA

mycollection1.jpg

From Left to Right:

1942 MN-Izhevsk
    1942 MN-Izhevsk (Laminate)
    1941 Finnish M39 (FYI - I didn't buy this one; it was b-day gift fm my son)
    1943 Enfield NO 4 Mk 1
    Yugo 24/47
    1953 Polish M44
    1934 Steyr M95 (austrian) carbine
    :party29:

I know this pales in comparison to some but I've only been doing this a few years! A couple of years ago, I walked into a local sporting goods store (BIG 5) and walked out with a mosin, the rest is blur....

(And yes I know some of them are missing slings...workin" on that)

m40sniper

Jul 12, 2012
    Lexington Park
    C&R Collection

:thumbsup:Nice start for sure. That's what got me going a long time ago, mil surp that is. Back in the day (way back now that I think about it) I used to walk into K-mart and Roses in VA and my dad and I would spend hours looking at a rack of 2-3 dozen import war vets trying to decide to stick to our $30 budget for a fill in the blank mauser or spend a whoping $50 to get a US made bolt gun or semi auto whatever.

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    Man I cannot wait till my C&R paperwork comes back! That is a heck of a collection! You need an M1 and an SKS!

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    nice stuff :thumbsup:

every new C&R collector has this moment.

that moment where they realize they no longer just "own some guns" and actually have what they could consider "a collection" and takes their first family pic.

that is level 2 on the road to C&R poverty oblivion, level one was the thrill of receiving your first and realizing immediately that you must buy another asap.

somewhere around step 6 or 7 it becomes no longer feasible without great effort to take full collection pics.

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie

that moment where they realize they no longer just "own some guns" and actually have what they could consider "a collection" and takes their first family pic.

that is level 2 on the road to C&R poverty oblivion, level one was the thrill of receiving your first and realizing immediately that you must buy another asap.

somewhere around step 6 or 7 it becomes no longer feasible without great effort to take full collection pics.

:lol2: Yep True

RG99

Jun 10, 2012
    Pasadena Md

I wish I was old enough to get my C&R but I still am managing to make my way down this road :lol2:

mrb2217

Jan 3, 2013
    The Isle of Kent, QA, MD
    Nice collection. I think I like historical guns more then the modern stuff. I would love to start collecting. Unfortunately, I have a Hawaii trip to finish paying for and the wife was not too pleased with the recent addition of an AR-15 and Ruger 22 in the last month and a half.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    Good start! You need a T53 to round out your basic Mosin collection. And a Hex barrel if you can find one. And the m1895 revolver so the whole MN family is under one roof again! And......it never ends :)

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    I wish I was old enough to get my C&R but I still am managing to make my way down this road :lol2:

i was in the same boat when i started, i was 19 when i started back in 04 and i bought a ton of stuff before getting my C&R.

when i turned 21 first thing i did was send in my C&R app, buy an AK, and once the C&R came back, got setup with the CMP and bought a garand.

RG99

Jun 10, 2012
    Pasadena Md
    i was in the same boat when i started, i was 19 when i started back in 04 and i bought a ton of stuff before getting my C&R.

when i turned 21 first thing i did was send in my C&R app, buy an AK, and once the C&R came back, got setup with the CMP and bought a garand.

I can deal with buying the rifles without a C&R but not being able to buy pistols is killing me. 2 1/2 years until I can start really collecting and go broke.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    do it, they are beautiful rifles.

the bayonets are beautiful as well, probably nicer than any other bayonet ive seen.

and many of them have a tag under the buttplate with the name and info of the soldier it was once issued to which is really cool. some people have managed to find and contact the soldiers many of whom are still alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom