• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gino z32

that car guy
    May 17, 2011
    Bennsville, MD
    I know there is a dedicated gallery for AR pictures, but I figure since mine is not complete yet (still awaiting the upper), and the fact that I want to keep a little running log of what I do (changes, additions, etc), I would just make a thread.

At 3:30, what I started with was a stripped LRB (group buy) lower- at around 4:30, this is what I was left with:
    needsupper-1.jpg

The rest of the shots I took were more studioesque. These have been VERY LIGHTLY touched by photoshop (mainly just to remove the serial number or any oil spots from the BCG). It is mostly natural lighting (plus help from one overhead halogen) sitting on the very thin white packaging paper.
    So this is kind of a mini-walk through of the stages of the lower being built:

mostlystrippedlower.jpg

magpultriggerguard.jpg

lowerhalf1.jpg

magpul.jpg

lowerdone1.jpg

CHlatch.jpg

moneyshot2.jpg

moneyshot3.jpg

moneyshot.jpg

Obviously as you can tell, it's full FDE MOE furniture, a PSA LPK, BCM BCG, and PSA CH tac latch. The upper I have coming is a PSA 16" M4 upper. I will also have an FDE BUIS and am debating between either an EOTech or an Aimpoint Comp M2...this will be the KISS rifle.

Sorry if the thread seems somewhat pointless, I guess it's more for me- but I figure everyone likes seeing the stages of different rifles! I'll definitely keep this updated with the finished rifle when the upper shows up (I'm on day 5 of the wait, so maybe the end of next week if I'm lucky and they're ahead of schedule). :D

ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    Looks good so far. I'm finishing mine this weekend. Mine is similar with all the Magpul FDE furniture. I opted for the ACS stock though, with a FDE Midwest industries Gen II free float rail.

Be sure to put some pics up when she's done!

Gino z32

that car guy
    May 17, 2011
    Bennsville, MD
    upper showed up today! Slight bit of play between the upper and lower, so I'll probably be ordering an accu wedge just to tighten that up. Other than that, the PSA upper is a good quality piece! Slapped the MOE guards on and the bolt/CH, and she's good to go!

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

I think next up is an underfolder AK, then another AR...and for the next AR I might have to start a stamp collection...

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    upper showed up today! Slight bit of play between the upper and lower, so I'll probably be ordering an accu wedge just to tighten that up. Other than that, the PSA upper is a good quality piece! Slapped the MOE guards on and the bolt/CH, and she's good to go!

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

I think next up is an underfolder AK, then another AR...and for the next AR I might have to start a stamp collection...

Looks nice, real nice.

Similar to my first build that I did from the LRB group buy.

And yes, i'm fighting the temptation to make the next one a SBR suppressed 300 AAC.......oh my wallet groans thinking about it.

Gino z32

that car guy
    May 17, 2011
    Bennsville, MD
    Thanks guys! glass wise I'm going to be getting an aimpoint comp m2 for it...now I just need to decide if a 3x QD magnifier is worth it or not lol

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Thanks guys! glass wise I'm going to be getting an aimpoint comp m2 for it...now I just need to decide if a 3x QD magnifier is worth it or not lol

It's nice to have, even nicer when you don't pay aimpoint's asking price for one. Keep an eye on Botach - I got my 3x w/twist mount for under $300 shipped - some may not care for the company itself, but I haven't had an issue with them and they got me what I wanted.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    It's like a visual tribute to MAGPUL and BCM. :D

Is that lower a matte finish? I kind of like it. I've seen some lowers lately that look like a cheap Teflon coated frying pan from Wally World.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER

Magnifiers are certainly worth the expense to be able to see a bit further. Invest in a set of irons too for backup.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

I have an accu wedge that I don't want. You are welcome to it, pm me if you are interested.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Excellent decision on the BCM BCG. Nice looking AR. Enjoy it when you're at the range.

Glockman

Jun 20, 2011
    Is that upper a standard or lightweight barrel? Also...I'm wondering about the weight of the MOE furniture...is it heavier than the standard M4 stock and handguard?

Sorry, definitely an AR newb.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    Is that upper a standard or lightweight barrel? Also...I'm wondering about the weight of the MOE furniture...is it heavier than the standard M4 stock and handguard?

Sorry, definitely an AR newb.

Magpul furniture is very light. You won't notice a difference between Magpul and standard hand guards.

derwingnut

Dec 16, 2011
    Essex
    Well done sir, pretty much the same route I'm going for my 80% lower build. Have my decked out toy already, now just want something lightweight I can grab and go if need be. Thinking about the leupold 1.5-4 myself.

XxNitr0xX

Tacticool
    Apr 11, 2011
    My computer
    Very nice! I just completed my lower the other day. BCM upper, here I come!

The rear takedown is missing because I broke the spring when trying to install it :o The CTR stock didn't give me enough clearance, so I had to force the spring down with tweezers. Shes all better now, though.
    4430cde5-2992-dcaa.jpg

Sent from my Samsung GS2 E4GT via Tapatalk 2.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Very nice! I just completed my lower the other day. BCM upper, here I come!

The rear takedown is missing because I broke the spring when trying to install it :o The CTR stock didn't give me enough clearance, so I had to force the spring down with tweezers. Shes all better now, though.
    4430cde5-2992-dcaa.jpg

Sent from my Samsung GS2 E4GT via Tapatalk 2.

Thread jacking douche-nugget. Nice sweat stain on the stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom