• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lord Baltimore

Aug 26, 2010
    A Great day for me and my son today, as I took my son to Continental and showed him how to shoot a real gun for the first time. I can't believe my wife signed off on it.

He took to shooting like a duck to water.:)

It was great seeing him right away getting good results on the targets, and teaching him how to use the gun, gun safety, and range protocol.

A Great father/son day.

After we went through 200 rounds, we watched some of the other shooters, then checked out the store, and cruised.

I took him home and he proudly showed the targets to my wife, then I showed him how to clean the gun.

I am so glad, I had the Marlin Model 60, it was the perfect gun for a first timer. It shoots like a laser beam, no recoil, and a quiet report. The Semi automatic makes it extra fun.

Lord Baltimore

Aug 26, 2010
    Thanks guys.

I waited till now because untill recently I thought he was not mature enough.

He has grown up alot over the last year, mentally, and physicly. He is ready now.

Luigi

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2010
    :thumbsup:

I thought that was a pistol only range? I might have to check them out soon. Do they allow 7.62 x 39?

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    When I was a kid my dad, uncles and older cousins taught us kids firearm safety, technique and maintenance. It was sorta like when they taught us fishing...if you catch it, you clean it. Those wonderful lessons and memories are vivid after all the years.

Your son will retain memories of today. Great job!

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Thanks guys.

I waited till now because untill recently I thought he was not mature enough.

He has grown up alot over the last year, mentally, and physicly. He is ready now.

Not knocking you by any means, but I think shooting definitely teaches maturity... I'm easing my 9 and 10 year olds into it now, hoping to wean them off the video games.... Congrats and have more fun the next time!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    Today's youth are the future of the shooting sports.
    Without them gun rights will surely disappear.
    Good work dad you have planted the seeds for the future :thumbsup:

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    It is great taking the son (daughter in my case) shooting for the first time. It really is special and they have so much fun :) Kids er wonderful people

Gigantopithicus

Damn Dirty Ape
    Dec 20, 2010
    Hagersbush
    Can't wait until I can take both my son and daughter shooting. My son can't wait either. He already cheers "Gun! Bang! Bang!" at just the sight of a gun. He's two and a half.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    :thumbsup:

I thought that was a pistol only range? I might have to check them out soon. Do they allow 7.62 x 39?

It is a pistol-caliber only range. Small rimfire cartridges such as .22 LR, even out of rifles, aren't going to damage their backstop, so they're allowed. AK ammo definitely is not allowed :lol2:

Back to the OP's story, I was around that same age when my dad first took me shooting, and well, it stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom