• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thedutchtouch

Feb 14, 2023
    The MD Small Arms Range is offering a DC, MD & VA CCP class. The fee includes classroom instruction, use of a firearm, ammo, target, etc. More info at: www.msar.com
    An approved fingerprint vendor is available onsite.
    Apologies for the relatively dumb question, I should probably just call tomorrow but I just registered for this weekend's class and have a question re: attendance policy and the line that states " take care of any bathroom, nutrition or hydration needs prior to the start of class". do we break for lunch and have a chance to go grab something to eat, or should/can I just bring something to the class with me?

And yes, I realize this is a bit silly of a question but figured better to ask, at the risk of a bit of online ridicule. Didn't want to run afoul of the attendance policy since I have heard it's relatively strict/no exceptions. Thanks, looking forward to the class/checking this requirement off the list.

goldcup1911

MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2011
    Apologies for the relatively dumb question, I should probably just call tomorrow but I just registered for this weekend's class and have a question re: attendance policy and the line that states " take care of any bathroom, nutrition or hydration needs prior to the start of class". do we break for lunch and have a chance to go grab something to eat, or should/can I just bring something to the class with me?

And yes, I realize this is a bit silly of a question but figured better to ask, at the risk of a bit of online ridicule. Didn't want to run afoul of the attendance policy since I have heard it's relatively strict/no exceptions. Thanks, looking forward to the class/checking this requirement off the list.
    When I took the class there, I brought food and drink with me. Mo gave plenty of breaks, but wanted you back on time to complete the hours.I don't know if food is available close. They are in an Industrial area. They do have some vending machines. I ate it the classroom with the Instructor. Most people went to their cars. Depending on when you get assigned to shoot qualification, be prepared for a late night with food and drink the second day. We completed the 16 hours of class, then shot for qualification. Got out about 9 pm the second night and there was another group after us.
    Good Luck !!!

thedutchtouch

Feb 14, 2023
    When I took the class there, I brought food and drink with me. Mo gave plenty of breaks, but wanted you back on time to complete the hours.I don't know if food is available close. They are in an Industrial area. They do have some vending machines. I ate it the classroom with the Instructor. Most people went to their cars. Depending on when you get assigned to shoot qualification, be prepared for a late night with food and drink the second day. We completed the 16 hours of class, then shot for qualification. Got out about 9 pm the second night and there was another group after us.
    Good Luck !!!
    Gotcha thanks for the info!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Class is a very good deal, been several times. Plenty of breaks during day. Meadow's market is about 5 minute drive if need food, drink.

thedutchtouch

Feb 14, 2023
    Class is a very good deal, been several times. Plenty of breaks during day. Meadow's market is about 5 minute drive if need food, drink.
    Good to know that as well. After reading at least one story of their parking lot filling up and someone missing class the second day as a result, I think I'm just going to pack a lunch and arrive early

thedutchtouch

Feb 14, 2023
    Finished class/passed range with 100%, now on to all the paperwork... Would recommend Mo as a trainer to anyone for sure. Fyi- Not sure how long this has been going on- he had everyone in the class use his .38 revolvers rather than bringing your own handgun if you own one. He vaguely referenced some prior issues/safety, perhaps if you're very experienced and talk to him he'd let you but I didn't ask- I'd say call beforehand if you feel you MUST do the range portion with your own gun.

Lot was pretty full Saturday AM but not as full Sunday AM, I was about 15-20 min early both days, so may fill up closer to 10. Had never been to MSAR before, would go back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom