• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xcoastie

May 10, 2013
    Well from the looks of it this situation will only get worse as October approaches..... could be years without vacations of that is the case.
    I am trying to buy all I can now and be as patient as possible..... what else can we do.

Based on the Fox Baltimore news story someone cited here, there have been more than 57000 applications submitted so far this year, and around 26000 have been processed. At that rate, the applications that are already in the system won't be completed until at least the beginning of 2014. So, it's too late to buy all that you can now. Any new applications submitted from now on won't even be looked at until long after October 1st---in my personal opinion.

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    She said the updates will still be coming to us..... no worries on that.

March 23... Freestate
    Went to review
    Picked up my Sig 1911-22 tonight.
    Cleaning her now and to the range tomorrow... Yippy!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I'm not sure what figures the MSP is actually giving us. They say almost 60,000 apps to date, so I assume that's since January 1. They also say the backlog is around 28,000, so that's 32,000 apps that have been processed. The question is have they processed 32,000 apps this year, or have they processed 32,000 apps since January 17th, which is the date they started processing the January applications?

According to a WBAL article from March, they apparently cleared 14,000 apps in January and 11,000 in February, but I'm assuming half of those January apps were actually from December, meaning there were about 18,000 January apps processed by March 1, and the remainder of the January apps were completed March 1-12.

When you look at the figures, it took them 1.7 days to initially review a day of applications for January (Jan 17th - March 12th), and about 1.5 days to initially review the February apps (March 13th - April 23rd). We're sitting at about 1.8 days to initially review each day of March applications (April 24th - June 19th).

Jmarko

Apr 8, 2013
    I'm not sure what figures the MSP is actually giving us. They say almost 60,000 apps to date, so I assume that's since January 1. They also say the backlog is around 28,000, so that's 32,000 apps that have been processed. The question is have they processed 32,000 apps this year, or have they processed 32,000 apps since January 17th, which is the date they started processing the January applications?

According to a WBAL article from March, they apparently cleared 14,000 apps in January and 11,000 in February, but I'm assuming half of those January apps were actually from December, meaning there were about 18,000 January apps processed by March 1, and the remainder of the January apps were completed March 1-12.

When you look at the figures, it took them 1.7 days to initially review a day of applications for January (Jan 17th - March 12th), and about 1.5 days to initially review the February apps (March 13th - April 23rd). We're sitting at about 1.8 days to initially review each day of March applications (April 24th - June 19th).

I know this isn't as accurate since unregulated are included, but the number of NICS checks in MD have been discreasing since march

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I know this isn't as accurate since unregulated are included, but the number of NICS checks in MD have been discreasing since march

Right, and I'd assume most of the drop in the numbers is a result of the non-regulated purchases since the MSP has been maxed out all year. But it's hard to use the NICS check numbers for at least two other reasons:

#1) The March numbers include MSP checks run in March, so you're looking at NICS checks for some January and some February purchases.

#2) Maryland's situation is unique given the legislation that passed. While the panic abruptly ended nationally after the Senate shut down the national bill, I have no idea what effect that had locally. We'd need stats from local FFLs on volume over that time.

Yensid28

Feb 6, 2013
    Just curious...

Quick question...

I'm not registered as a collector but I was told I can still purchase two handguns at once. Is this correct?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    90 days for me today.
    All I can say guys. Look at which dealers are not releasing on day 8 .
    And AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!
    I certainly will be with my next few purchases.
    Sorry A&D . After I pick up my pistol. I plan on never using them again after this mess. They did not even seriously look into possibly releasing on time.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    90 days for me today.
    All I can say guys. Look at which dealers are not releasing on day 8 .
    And AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!
    I certainly will be with my next few purchases.
    Sorry A&D . After I pick up my pistol. I plan on never using them again after this mess. They did not even seriously look into possibly releasing on time.

My goodness!!! You still don't have your gun???

I was put in review on a 3/18 purchase and the ND came through on 6/12. Did you call?

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    Can you believe I heard a LGS yesterday tell a new buyer that the wait was running around 60 days??

I said man I wish it was just 60 days. He didn't like that.

bshedwick

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I got an email from MDSP today.

"Good morning, we received your application on March 30th which we are currently processing but haven't completed. We should complete March 30th applications by Friday June 21st. Thanks for your patience."

March 30th was a Saturday, and IIRC, the day before was when SB281 passed in the Senate. A bunch of people must have had the same idea that I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom