• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xref

May 9, 2013
    The dealer spends their money on the gun up front and it's not their fault that you can't pick the gun up until MSP not disapproves you.

The prices on GunBroker.com are more normal than dealers in MD. Just do a transfer instead.

Greyhounder

Mar 19, 2013
    Baltimore
    I am a 3/15 app date, and a 3/21 DC letter. I have received nothing from MSP on either. I finally emailed today, I will let you know if I hear anything.

I now know why MSP is not getting my review done! Too busy chillaxin with their homies outside my work......probably laughing at me LOL!:lol2:

Attachments

• IMG_3039.jpg
      IMG_3039.jpg
      161.4 KB · Views: 240

ruinah

Average Joe
    Mar 27, 2013
    Baltimore
    Paperwork faxed 3/14. E-mail received at 7:43 this morning, "Good morning, your application is completed and will be faxed back today. Thanks for your patience Rose Brock" Hopefully it'll be faxed early in the day, as I'd love to pick up from Engage on my way home from work!

crap, that means that 3/15 may not be done yet. Was hoping for today. I emailed her this morning also but haven't had a reply yet.

boone1

Mar 6, 2012
    I called Mrs. Brock today who advised me that my 3/12 paperwork was complete but when I called Bart's and they had not received anything from MSP.....

NB1214

Jan 19, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    Right, I already said I wasn't going to. I wasn't planning on doing anything more proactive, beyond ensuring that MSP had gotten my paperwork OK, until probably at least day sixty.

I understand your frustration, I like you, have a number of toys I'm waiting to bring home. But I'm not posting to start rumors, I'm trying to feed people information without burning my connections. When people act like I'm doing them a disservice by sharing info on a fluid situation, it makes me want to share no longer. I don't work there and I'm not the owner. I didn't say they would or wouldn't be releasing, I simply said that you could expect movement by weeks end. If it doesn't happen till Monday I'm sorry. But again it's a fluid situation. Makes me think twice about sharing information.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    I understand your frustration, I like you, have a number of toys I'm waiting to bring home. But I'm not posting to start rumors, I'm trying to feed people information without burning my connections. When people act like I'm doing them a disservice by sharing info on a fluid situation, it makes me want to share no longer. I don't work there and I'm not the owner. I didn't say they would or wouldn't be releasing, I simply said that you could expect movement by weeks end. If it doesn't happen till Monday I'm sorry. But again it's a fluid situation. Makes me think twice about sharing information.

I don't mean to ask the same question 1000 times. But the information you have can you tell us if it is only going to be in reference to Atlantic or if it is going to be "global" and effect everyone?

NB1214

Jan 19, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    I don't mean to ask the same question 1000 times. But the information you have can you tell us if it is only going to be in reference to Atlantic or if it is going to be "global" and effect everyone?

Remains to be seen. It's rooted at Atlantic. But since they are tied to the MLFDA they may share the info with other dealers. Ultimately it's up to the dealer.

marflyers

New gun owner
    May 4, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Yeah, I don't think I will, either. It's a bummer, because it's by far the most convenient shop for me, but they shouldn't be charging the entire price of the firearm if they know that it's going to take months before they'll be willing and able to release it. Putting twenty percent down or something like that would be one thing, but the entire price isn't kosher.

I can't blame the FFL. It is business and they have to pay their suppliers within terms or use a line of credit. Why should they have sold product sit for 60+ days because MSP is slow. You would like to believe that our state government would be looking out for the small business owner, but we all know that answers.

I am 67 days today and my 3/11 went into review last Friday. My wife has a 4/6 submission and if she doesn't go to review may have her Glock before me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom