• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Morpheus

Apr 18, 2013
    Just got off the phone with MSP, the Kimber 1911 I purchased on Feb 23 was not faxed over until March 3rd by Christian Solidier. The very nice person I spoke to on the phone said that my paperwork had been seen today and that I had been sent for further review and she is estimating that it will be another 2 weeks before It will be reviewed. That will put me at 11 weeks or 77 days waiting.

If anyone is considering purchasing anything now don't go to Christian Soldier, I have heard other people complain of the same thing which Is why I called MSP in the first place. If you buy from them you will (at this point) add an additional 3 to 4 weeks to your wait time.

This is my first purchase from them and my last. That day I had been driving from shop to shop and they were the first one I found exactly what I was looking for. I would cancel the sale if I hadn't waited this long already.

I also purchased a Kimber 1911 from Christian Soldier on 2/16 but the app was not faxed over until 3/2. This added about 3 weeks of added wait time on top of the increasing time. At about 70 days since purchase and still no word. I don't think I will buy from them again. I don't see how it takes 2 weeks to fax a finished app to MSP??

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    I also purchased a Kimber 1911 from Christian Soldier on 2/16 but the app was not faxed over until 3/2. This added about 3 weeks of added wait time on top of the increasing time. At about 70 days since purchase and still no word. I don't think I will buy from them again. I don't see how it takes 2 weeks to fax a finished app to MSP??

That is completely unacceptable. I know I'll never go there.

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    Well my ffl/dealer just Pissed me off again.
    I follow this thread. So I know my pickup date isn't anytime soon.(3/22 purchase) But I stopped into the store and asked " WILL YOU be giving me a call when my ND app. Gets faxed to you by the MSP" he said " Oh no. Just keep calling, I've got so many apps back there....that an all the Internet stuff., we just don't have the time" ........OK........ I PAID for my purchase in full. And I didn't get a bargain on this one by any means. I saw it $90 cheaper at a shop down the street. Would it be SO HARD to just give the people a call and leave a message when the. Thing gets faxed back?....WTF.?...you'd think they wouldn't want to keep answering the phone constantly and get rid of my stuff asap to make more room.I guess they just don't give a SH@T and or are lazy.
    I tell you what... I'm not gonna hang these people out to dry because some of the guys in there are at least nice to people when they come in and its one of the only halfway decent places in AA county . But I really wish there was a decent dealer in this area that didn't rape you on prices, and treated you decent. Besides bass pro... I don't like taking a number to buy a gun.

Mar 2, 2013
    Just got an email back from MSP. It said apps under review are on 2/20. I hope this is true since I'm a 2/23. Any day next week would be wonderful but I'm not holding my breath.

bkonschak

Apr 15, 2012
    Baltimore

What did they do wait until they had enough to bother with faxing them in. I can't believe that they would think that is ok. I called them a week and a half ago and he was telling me how they call the minute that it comes because they want the money from all the firearms they have in storage.

If you wanted the money sooner maybe you should be sending the paper work in in a timely manner.

Morpheus

Apr 18, 2013
    What did they do wait until they had enough to bother with faxing them in. I can't believe that they would think that is ok. I called them a week and a half ago and he was telling me how they call the minute that it comes because they want the money from all the firearms they have in storage.

If you wanted the money sooner maybe you should be sending the paper work in in a timely manner.

EXACTLY!!!! Thanks to that my purchase will probably hit 90 days from filling out paperwork to pickup. Was thinking about buying 2 more from them but now i will take my money somewhere where they actually seem to care about how long we have to wait

fbrose

Feb 19, 2013
    I would like to thank gov O'Malley I have not bought a handgun in 20 years
    With his help I have bought THESE in the last 10 months

2 S&W 500 mag , 2 92a1 colt 1911 ruger 1911 S&W 29

sig 1911 pow Dan Wession Valer 45

Thanks O'Malley

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I would like to thank gov O'Malley I have not bought a handgun in 20 years
    With his help I have bought THESE in the last 10 months

2 S&W 500 mag , 2 92a1 colt 1911 ruger 1911 S&W 29

sig 1911 pow Dan Wession Valer 45

Thanks O'Malley

We are all going to need Firearms Anonymous come October for the damage MOM has done. :)

ONECRUNCH

Apr 5, 2013
    Crazy stuff...

Nick Nayak, chief procurement officer for the Department of Homeland Security, did not challenge Chaffetz's numbers.

Despite reports that the department was trying to buy up to 1.6 billion rounds over five years, he said that is not true. He later clarified that the number is closer to 750 million.

He said the department, on average, buys roughly 100 million rounds per year.

He also said claims that the department is stockpiling ammo are "simply not true." Further, he countered claims that the purchases are helping create broader ammunition shortages in the U.S.

Could explain why I have to wait in line an hour before a place opens to get any ammo...

Scarab

I'll get a more accurate answer....

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Strange update...

So I had been checking in with MSP over the past few weeka and wasn't expecting any mail at the old apartment. I stopped by and checked it... there was an envelope from MSP postmarked 3/29... it was the paperwork for the transfer of a pistol from me to a friend.

The letter said the app was "Not Disapproved" but didn't have the stamp or date of not disapproval... :shrug:

Whatever. So for some reason the paperwork submitted 2/28 was mailed to me 3/29 without a ND date. I'd post a copy of the form but don't have a way to redact personal info.

MSP is so lost it's sad now...

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom