• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirsly

Apr 11, 2011
    Charles County
    Submitted app 02/20. Checked with MSP 04/17 and was told that I was processed but was submitted for review because of common last name. Today is day 59 for me and im still waiting for the call....:innocent0

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    paperwork 2/16

picked up 4/19

hopefully my FFL will release after 7 days if more purchases are planned prior to 10/1

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Gander has poor customer service! I'm pretty sure i was sent in batch. i havent called yet cus i jus cant handle another dissapointment! I'm on day 54 i really hope its soon, but prob won't see the FNX .40 again for another week if im lucky!? Thinking about making another purchase prob not from gander. But can i handle another 2 month wait?

I just put in paper work for 3 weapons but I know before putting them in it was going to be 2 months so it makes it a little easier. That also give me 2 months to find some ammo so I have some when I am actually ready to shot them. 2 are 9M and ammo for the 9M seems to be the hardest ammo to find right now. Followed by 5.56 3rd gun shots those.

Thanks
    Robert

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I just put in paper work for 3 weapons but I know before putting them in it was going to be 2 months so it makes it a little easier. That also give me 2 months to find some ammo so I have some when I am actually ready to shot them. 2 are 9M and ammo for the 9M seems to be the hardest ammo to find right now. Followed by 5.56 3rd gun shots those.

Thanks
    Robert

You didn't purchase 3 weapons (I hope). You purchased 3 firearms. We need to be careful with our terminology.

Thanks
    George.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    paperwork 2/16

picked up 4/19

hopefully my FFL will release after 7 days if more purchases are planned prior to 10/1

Not going to happen unless the ATF decided to change it policy about giving out instantiate checks on MD regulated guns. Until then we are stuck with the 60 days and with a new surge because of SB281 that could actually get worse.

But on a bright side as long as the paper work is filled by 10/1 you will still get the gun when the paper work is finished. 10/1 is the first day it is illegal for FFL to sell / receive new guns but finalizing there paper work is fine.

Thanks
    Robert

sgtjunk

Aug 5, 2012
    Crofton, MD
    Not going to happen unless the ATF decided to change it policy about giving out instantiate checks on MD regulated guns. Until then we are stuck with the 60 days and with a new surge because of SB281 that could actually get worse.

But on a bright side as long as the paper work is filled by 10/1 you will still get the gun when the paper work is finished. 10/1 is the first day it is illegal for FFL to sell / receive new guns but finalizing there paper work is fine.

Thanks
    Robert

Actually it's already been posted that one FFL on here (I would have to go back but I think it is A1) that will be releasing to customers who have had recent NDs. They spoke with their ATF agent and decided that when MSP became the middleman in the process, they are now the referenced "government agency" that is failing to respond within three days (federal law) so that can be remarked on the paperwork and signed over after seven days (MD law).

I apologize as I'm probably butchering this. Perhaps someone can reference the post that was made about a month ago?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Actually it's already been posted that one FFL on here (I would have to go back but I think it is A1) that will be releasing to customers who have had recent NDs. They spoke with their ATF agent and decided that when MSP became the middleman in the process, they are now the referenced "government agency" that is failing to respond within three days (federal law) so that can be remarked on the paperwork and signed over after seven days (MD law).

I apologize as I'm probably butchering this. Perhaps someone can reference the post that was made about a month ago?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

This would be at risk of the FFL's MD licenses ... they are not going to chance it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom