• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    when i called ms brock two days ago i asked why i was in for review and the first thing she asked was did i have a traffic violation with a pbj. i did not but that was the first thing she asked so i think that must put you in for a look by a sworn.

i didn't think you could get a PBJ for anything other than drug and DWI offenses, learn something new every day. BTW, still waiting on my application from 2/28. From the sounds of things it might be soon:cool:

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    i didn't think you could get a PBJ for anything other than drug and DWI offenses, learn something new every day. BTW, still waiting on my application from 2/28. From the sounds of things it might be soon:cool:

Reading this thread is very... discouraging. It makes me feel like I will not get my purchases until July.

Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD

I wish I could say it was my first traffic PBJ. :innocent0 The biggest advantage is that it keeps you from getting killed on insurance premiums.

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    I wish I could say it was my first traffic PBJ. :innocent0 The biggest advantage is that it keeps you from getting killed on insurance premiums.

i honestly thought those were created to keep black marks off peoples records for the more prejudical crimes. I guess its nice to know that they are used to help out good old law abiding speeders and reckless drives too :thumbsup:

Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    i honestly thought those were created to keep black marks off peoples records for the more prejudical crimes. I guess its nice to know that they are used to help out good old law abiding speeders and reckless drives too :thumbsup:

It's not a bad deal all around actually. You typically have to attend traffic school as part of the PBJ plea. And I have slowed down.

baltech

Feb 23, 2013
    Mine was for driving on suspended registration. Forgot to get my emissions inspection. Went to court pleaded guilty with explaination. Bamb pbj, pay fine and court cost on your way out the door. Who knew it would put me on some kind of review.

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    Called Gander Mountain yesterday around 4:30, they told me "we got back the 13th today, yours will be soon" (mine is 2/14), so I just called now (about 1:00), was told "we got the 13th yesterday, yours will be soon".

Oh I'm sorry, did MSP not fax you anything today? Its a weekday, its 1:00, I know you got a fax of approved paperwork, have you not even looked at it yet? You can't even tell me about today, only yesterday? Great customer service...

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    Called today, got someone who I can only assume was Ms. Brock, she gave me the update info on my sig and asked me a couple questions to try and figure out why I was up for review. When she asked if I had a PBJ on a traffic violation I told her not in the past 10 years...

62 days and they aren't even looking at my day yet.... sigh

artjeyes

Apr 5, 2011
    Interesting call with the MSP. Purchased Ruger LCR at Bass Pro 2/15. I am a designated collector. Bass Pro Says they faxed 2/16. MSP says they received the application 2/18. Bass Pro refuses to check status with MSP. MSP said, and this is the strange part, they handle applications submitted in batches like Bass Pro does as a batch. They don't return them when not disapproved, they wait until the "batch" is done, then they rerun the entire batch to Bass Pro. Since mine was, according to the very nice lady I spoke with, completed a while ago she would pull it out of the batch and fax it to Bass Pro tomorrow. My other dealers do individual applications and don't seem to have these problems. So, something to consider, and hopefully I can pick up on Saturday.

While I am not planning on buying at Bass Pro anytime soon, they do have Springfield XDs single stack .45 in stock if anyone is interested, I am holding out for the 9 mm version.

Art

Kondor

May 23, 2011
    Silver Spring
    Called today, got someone who I can only assume was Ms. Brock, she gave me the update info on my sig and asked me a couple questions to try and figure out why I was up for review. When she asked if I had a PBJ on a traffic violation I told her not in the past 10 years...

62 days and they aren't even looking at my day yet.... sigh

I have the same day you do, and I also went in for review...ours have to be coming up in the next day or two, I hope!

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    I have the same day you do, and I also went in for review...ours have to be coming up in the next day or two, I hope!

What has me so frustrated is that I called last friday and they were on the 13th.... 6-7 days to move forward 2....:sad20:

I am supposed to get a call back with an answer as to a possibility as to why I got flagged, but I'm not holding my breath

krztov

Jan 4, 2012
    Silver Spring
    paperwork for the first joebob seekins deal done on 2/20 at Engage, got my call today so going to get my first AR part today, cant wait to build out my first AR :)

shootmore

Dec 31, 2012
    I called last week and they said my application was processed and it would likey be sent to my FFL by last Friday. I guess I'm stuck at the fax machine and waiting...... I never thought I would say this but it would be quicker just to send it via US Mail... but then again it would probably just sit waiting to get mailed just like its waiting to get faxed.

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    Just talked to Mrs Brock and she was very rude. She was upset with me because I did not have every single detail about my FFL. I figured if she got my full name and ssn why would I need my receipt etc. Especially since my receipt would show that I bought the gun online, not from my FFL. Oh well. I'm thinking I should be upset that I am on day 50+ of a 7 day wait, guess not huh?

She also said my 2/25 was in the system but not done yet, even though just before that she said they were working on 2/26. Dont really understand if it is in the system and has been there for a couple days, what are they waiting on? Its a simple check.

She also said to call her back on Tuesday since she will be out till then. Be almost 60 days by then.

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    Reading this thread is very... discouraging. It makes me feel like I will not get my purchases until July.

It certainly is. Paid my money Saturday 4/13, I'll assume paperwork didn't go in until 4/15. At the store they guessed 5 or 6 weeks to wait but apparently they don't read this thread. I'll consider myself lucky if I take possession by the end of June.

I keep trying, but I just can't really wrap my brain around this situation. It doesn't seem real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom