• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    Called earlier, spoke with a female who I'm guessing was Ms. Brock. Got not disapproved no date specified, said fax should be sent today! Finally!

BTW I'm 2/15.

VGraves

Mar 2, 2013
    My wife and I were finally able to pick up our PX4s last night. I know I said I would post pics last night, but I couldn't find my camera. Everything has been packed and as of today we are Virginians. She recently retired from the Air Force and since Maryland's rights and freedoms seem to be going down the tube, we decided it was time for a move. The only thing we were waiting for was getting "the call". I'll still post pics. I just need to find the box with my camera in it. I really should have listened to her and started labeling boxes.

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    You may be only one week away from the finish line.

Hang in there.

Do this as no not let O'Malley win.
    Do this for your gun shop.
    Do this for your long term enjoyment of firearms.

If we can save just one gun sale, isn't it worth it? :thumbsup:

One more week would be 6 weeks to long.

Like I said, won't be able to shoot it for another couple of months anyhow. And screw the FFL, I have no doubt that they are part of the problem. Each time I call or go in they give me different/conflicting information, they don't care about the customer, and the staff generally have a real bad attitude.

Gander Mountain in Salisbury. They had people picking up from 2/11 (I am 2/14) at the end of March and in that same week were telling me they hadn't recieved any paperwork back from dates later than 2/7 or 2/2, depending on which person answered the phone/lingered uselessly behind the counter.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    My understanding re: the delays for those that possess clearances- is there there is a block on gaining access (in an automated manner) to a cleared persons NICS information. As a result, the "reason for access" needs to be justified and manually provided. Again- it is my understanding this is to "help" protect any potential confidential information of those with a clearance.

Edit- Generally speaking- those in MD with clearances purchasing regulated items were never were exposed to this. This is because the MSP wasn't backed up and a 15 min further investigation (call) could be done in that 7 day window... Now, well, there wouldn't be this thread if there wasn't a problem.

Mine was not delayed. 2/16 purchase (holiday weekend), paperwork had been completed when I called on 4/9.

jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    One more week would be 6 weeks to long.

Like I said, won't be able to shoot it for another couple of months anyhow. And screw the FFL, I have no doubt that they are part of the problem. Each time I call or go in they give me different/conflicting information, they don't care about the customer, and the staff generally have a real bad attitude.

Gander Mountain in Salisbury. They had people picking up from 2/11 (I am 2/14) at the end of March and in that same week were telling me they hadn't recieved any paperwork back from dates later than 2/7 or 2/2, depending on which person answered the phone/lingered uselessly behind the counter.

Find a differnt FFL and build a relationship.

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    Find a differnt FFL and build a relationship.

Luckily I have an FFL who I like, with reasonable prices and good service. Unfortunately I found the gun I wanted in the case over at Gander Mountain at a decent price, and so I pulled the trigger. I've had probablems with Gander in the past but I figured I would give them another chance, lesson learned I suppose.

jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    Luckily I have an FFL who I like, with reasonable prices and good service. Unfortunately I found the gun I wanted in the case over at Gander Mountain at a decent price, and so I pulled the trigger. I've had probablems with Gander in the past but I figured I would give them another chance, lesson learned I suppose.

It is hard to get any type of consistant service from a big box store. Unfortunatly, as buyers right now we have to buy when we see what we want no matter what store. STAY STRONG! I am less than 15 days in so I might be in the same mental state as you after waiting 50 more.

BirchBrook22

Jan 4, 2013
    Very excited. Today I have entered the 40 day club.

I would like to thank everyone that has gotten me here. Mr. OMalley for his support of gun bans. Mr. Obama for, well just being himself. All the little people down in Annapolis for their efforts to get mean guns off the street. Without all of you, I don't think I could be here today. It means so much to be welcomed into this club with open arms. I only hope that I can continue down this path and one day, in the not too distant future, become a member of the 50 day club.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Very excited. Today I have entered the 40 day club.

I would like to thank everyone that has gotten me here. Mr. OMalley for his support of gun bans. Mr. Obama for, well just being himself. All the little people down in Annapolis for their efforts to get mean guns off the street. Without all of you, I don't think I could be here today. It means so much to be welcomed into this club with open arms. I only hope that I can continue down this path and one day, in the not too distant future, become a member of the 50 day club.

Hahahaha. That's great. Way to laugh at the stupidity. My two most recent guns got the paperwork treatment on 08MAR and 09MAR. I bet I'll be joining the day 90 club.

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    Just called, got sent over to a trooper who had to call me back, called me back a few minutes later saying that my paperwork, which I thought was faxed on 2/15 was 2/16 and that the troopers part of the check is only up to 2/13. I guess that means that he personally is only doing ones from the 13th but still I am really bummed right now:( Trooper was really polite and apologetic about the wait for what its worth but man am I sick and tired of this.

so here I am, on day 56, looking at likely 63+ days :mad54:

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    And no, i'm not going to spout off the clearances I have like an idiot either!

Yeah, wtf, some people must have snoozed off during their briefings.

In other news, got the call from Engage today. Filled out paper on 2/15 (or was it 2/16?)

Still waiting on MD collector and something from Lou.

SeaBass77

Jan 16, 2013
    Parkville
    So the issue I think is they civilians doing some and troopers doing some. Apparently the ones that need more looking into are done by the troopers. Verbatim an email back to me from the trooper. I don't have as much as a speeding ticket so I can't help but wonder why mine needed a second review.

"Funny, I just processed your application about an hour ago. You should check with the dealer, tomorrow, regarding your purchase. There are many steps that involve processing an application. Civilians may be working 2/22 while our side (Troopers doing secondary reviews for ANY number of reasons) are working 2/13. So.... please do not try and communicate as if you understand the process that it is as simple as you may believe. Fair enough? The reason it is taking 55 days is becasue everyone, including yourself, has decided that NOW it's time to buy a regulated firearm.
    Thank you"

Lushbaugh

Mar 23, 2013
    Paper work received by MSP on 3/8 hope to get by my birthday 5/29. Bad thing is based on last Thursday/Friday postings it taking the ladys a week to process 4-5 days of applications and the guys for further review checks 2-3 days in a week. So if the gals get me I will be done sometime in May if the guys get me sometime in June. I hope.

Greyhounder

Mar 19, 2013
    Baltimore
    Maybe it’s because I am an eternal optimist, or maybe it’s the Prozac, but I keep hoping that I am going to log onto here one day, and the MSP will have somehow magically “broken through” and we’ll start seeing wait times decrease, or they will release a deluge of NDs on the same day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom