• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LostS0x

Dec 20, 2012
    Howard County
    Submitted the first week of Feb sometime, just called the MSP and they said it was complete and should of either been faxed or will be today... So now just waiting for the FFL to call. :) The anticipation just got increased, can't wait for my MK25 to come home!

bdadams84

Mar 19, 2013
    Kensington, MD
    before you buy, they say 2-3 weeks

after you buy and pay, they tell you it's 5 - 7 weeks

I've been watching these boards so I know it's a long wait. Guy on the phone yesterday said 2-3. I know it may be quite a bit longer, as did the guy at the counter today. Thanks in part to a computer issue they had, I pay on pick up. So the sooner the better for them as well.

S6T6

Dec 23, 2012
    On Monday during a conversation with the roster board I was told its about 35-37 day lag.

brando1523

Jan 15, 2013
    Nottingham
    Well, I'm on day 44 and I still haven't heard anything. Part of me wants to call MSP and check, the other part doesn't want to bother them and push things further behind.

hugsmindy

Feb 11, 2013
    Paperwork faxed on 2/9/13, got the call today (3/22) and just picked up my Taurus Slim 9mm at Worth A Shot in Millersville.

bladehack

Feb 23, 2013
    Well, sitting on day 45 now (FFL faxed paperwork on 2/4). MSP processed me as "not disapproved" on 3/14. Today is 3/21 so they have now taken 7 days to NOT fax my paperwork back to the FFL.

When you provide such sub-standard service in the private sector, either one of two things happen; you are fired or your company goes out of business. I wish they would just let me drive up to Pikesville, pick up my own approved paperwork and drive it to my FFL...sure would be faster than their "fax".

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Well, sitting on day 45 now (FFL faxed paperwork on 2/4). MSP processed me as "not disapproved" on 3/14. Today is 3/21 so they have now taken 7 days to NOT fax my paperwork back to the FFL.

When you provide such sub-standard service in the private sector, either one of two things happen; you are fired or your company goes out of business. I wish they would just let me drive up to Pikesville, pick up my own approved paperwork and drive it to my FFL...sure would be faster than their "fax".

drive to your ffl and have them call and get your # from the msp drive home with your new toy.

VGraves

Mar 2, 2013
    Good news! I'm 2/11 so hopefully I will get mine soon getting tired of waiting

I'm right there too. Purchased from Bass Pro on 2/10. They've never given me an actual fax date. They've told me twice that it was either faxed the same day or on 2/11. I'm assuming it was sent on 2/11.

hhuff

Apr 28, 2012
    Just received my call for a Colt SAA 4 3/4 I bought from Atlantic Firearms on 2/2. I plan on picking it up tomorrow after work. :)

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

one of my ffl's told me today that when they send them they either send them in packs or they are put in packs and if 1 of the people on the list are flagged they dont fax any from the pack until they finish working on the flagged persons.

sgtjunk

Aug 5, 2012
    Crofton, MD
    MSP - BC checks are taking 30-60 days. While the law permits me to release firearm after 7 days if MSP fails to supply report ATF has issued letter stating to withhold until MSP approval.

Isn't that breaking the law then? Is this saying that the ATF is above the law/supercedes it? Have any lawyers looked into the legality of this?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

sgtjunk

Aug 5, 2012
    Crofton, MD
    Just curious, how many of you guys put your social security# on your forms? I don't and I'm wondering if this could further delay the process.

I put it down. I mean, I know for a fact that there is a guy in WY with the same exact name currently and like me has lived a few places. If they don't have my SSN, they won't haves much of a choice but to do the check on both guys and then try to figure it out in the end. Why put yourself (and the investigators) through all that? It just makes longer wait times for everyone. They have regulations on the handling of PII and will be acting to safeguard your information accordingly. So unless you don't trust your FFL, which means you probably shouldn't beer giving them your business, I would do it.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom