• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chaplain America

Bitter Clinger
    Mar 14, 2013
    Frederick
    Well, day 43, I finally called MSP to make sure they at least received my application. They did, and it was "not disapproved" on the 14 March. No call yet from The Gun Center.

EPCuco

Mar 7, 2013
    Well, day 43, I finally called MSP to make sure they at least received my application. They did, and it was "not disapproved" on the 14 March. No call yet from The Gun Center.

Dude, I don't want to go too much into detail but yea, they suck!! Thats who Im waiting on. What was your purchase date??2/5??

EvanU

Feb 13, 2013
    MSP said my application was complete and that The Gun Center could just call and get the info they need. We'll see if The Gun Center has enough customer service to take a few minutes of their time to call. Never buying from them again!!

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium
    My 2/5 app has been processed and has to be approved by a sworn trooper so the trooper I talked to said by the end of this week or early next.

jimbob301

Mar 19, 2013
    Long Waits

My local gun shop told me they are taking up to 45 days to get the release from the MSP. The guy working there said he was told there were two guys processing almost 500 background checks a day.

Since it is a friend of a friend story, take it for what it is worth.

danbdan

Jan 1, 2013
    Columbia, Maryland
    Perhaps we can turn the mood around on this thread by demanding to see pics of the new beauties that are being brought home each day?

I have a new M&P .22 coming any day now (app submitted 2/7) and a bunch of .22lr ammo with which to feed it... Will post a pic for sure!!

Sirsly

Apr 11, 2011
    Charles County
    Purchased 1/30, and still waiting. Inquiry email back from MSP says approved and will be faxing soon. Gun shop said Friday there is often a several day delay between actual approval and when they get the faxed approval in store.

Frustrating to say the least. Sounds like we need to get the Licensing Barrack more staff (and outbound Fax machines) ASAP!

Whats the email address, I would like to send MSP an inquiry email too...Thanks!

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    I thought I did my paperwork on Jan. 31 but it was actually on Feb. 2. Paperwork was faxed same day. Got the call today. Actually it was an email. So 45 days for me; Feb. 2 to March 19.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    I bought on Monday, 4 Feb. After all this wait I'm I'm not sure I even want it anymore. I wonder if they'll give me a refund.

Sure, they will give you a refund, minus the ridiculous 15% restocking fee.

I question any business that demands a "restocking" fee. To me, it only proves the same item can be purchased at a lower cost somewhere else.

VGraves

Mar 2, 2013
    I thought I did my paperwork on Jan. 31 but it was actually on Feb. 2. Paperwork was faxed same day. Got the call today. Actually it was an email. So 45 days for me; Feb. 2 to March 19.

What shop did you get it from? I'm just wondering if I should be watching my email a little closer instead listening for a phone call.

SpecialJ79

Feb 20, 2013
    SoMD
    I waited 45 days for my first purchase to be completed... And lo and behold 3 days after picking up I went and bought an M&P15. With the current waits looks like I'll hit 60 days this time. :(

Screwatts

Feb 5, 2013
    Eldersburg
    So the FFL called MSP for me after I spoke to the trooper today. They got the info over the phon and I was able to pick up my ar-15 lower and xdm 9mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom