• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anibaibz

Nov 18, 2012
    Harford County
    It's 25 weekdays for me, 35 days total today. My FFL said MSP is running about 29 days. But if sequestration occurs on Friday, the FBI plans to furlough or delay hiring about 2800 people, and NICS approval times could be affected. Can we fight for meaningful systems modernization (like getting rid of those paper forms) in MD with the licensing fees from the proposed AWB?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Have your dealer call and check. I found out today that mine from the 19th are MIA.

Makes about the 20th person (just from HERE) that has reported this.

I'd like to see what percentage of applications aren't even being reviewed (because the shitty fax machine at the MSP is faulty).

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    FFL told me he has not received anything from MSP in 5 days. He said in runs in spurts, days without anything, then a bunch come back at once.

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Have your dealer call and check. I found out today that mine from the 19th are MIA.

On Thur last week FFL said he was getting 16th....said he wouldn't call until he started getting 19's and mine wasn't there. He knows the MSP guys pretty well so I'm following his guidelines....if he gets 19 and then 20 and none on me, then I will start the calling.

As has been said, between MSP processing a certain date range and actually getting the fax out could take ~3 days.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    It's 25 weekdays for me, 35 days total today. My FFL said MSP is running about 29 days. But if sequestration occurs on Friday, the FBI plans to furlough or delay hiring about 2800 people, and NICS approval times could be affected. Can we fight for meaningful systems modernization (like getting rid of those paper forms) in MD with the licensing fees from the proposed AWB?

How would NICS be impacted? My understanding is that MSP has direct computer access. They get an answer instantly and don't go through the staffed NICS operations center..

raff696

Nov 1, 2008
    Hey guys,

I have been reading all these posts about long wait times for the "7 day wait" BS. I was wondering if the long wait would also apply to instate transfers. For example you want to buy a handgun from your buddy next door. Well its as simple as go to any MSP Barracks fill out the paperwork, pay the $10.00 bucks and wait 10 days. On the 11th day the buyer and seller can conclude the sale.

Hearing that from the State Trooper on duty made me feel a hell of alot better since im looking to do just that. I asked him why is it so different for FFL guys. Its becuase Fed law will smack them hard for non compliying with wiating for the paperwork. Well I dont find it fair you guys have to wait soo long but in any case he siad they are really trying to keep up. Im sure things will ease up soon, I hope so at least.

skibernie

Feb 22, 2008
    Silver Spring,MD
    Bought a new HK P30L on Friday - hope to see it by the end of March. LGS said it would probably be about a month and they would call when the paperwork came back.

Time to submit for collector status.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    My wife just now got the "Not Disapproved" phone call but they close in 15 minutes, takes 20 to get there. She'll pick it up tomorrow. :) Purchased 1/19.

razulu

Feb 14, 2013
    I wouldnt get my hopes up for march 5th if they are still working on jan applications

Thanks Seawolf823. I'm really feeling down now. Can't a guy just dream?

March 5, March 5, March 5.... . I putting positive vibrations into the universe. March 5.... .

Waitwhat

Feb 19, 2013
    Purchased on 1/22, got one missed call from my ffl earlier today. Hopefully that means I'll be picking up my handgun Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom