• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I bought 1/18 so today is day 32 for me. LGS told me on Saturday 2/15 they were receiving paperwork submitted to MSP on 1/15. Okay, they are seeing a 30 day turnaround. I have stayed out of MSP's hair so they can crank out paperwork, rather than spend their manpower responding to impatient buyers. For now I'm keeping my powder dry. If LGS starts getting paperwork back for people who bought several days after me, then I'll work with them on determining next steps.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I bought 1/18 so today is day 32 for me. LGS told me on Saturday 2/15 they were receiving paperwork submitted to MSP on 1/15. Okay, they are seeing a 30 day turnaround. I have stayed out of MSP's hair so they can crank out paperwork, rather than spend their manpower responding to impatient buyers. For now I'm keeping my powder dry. If LGS starts getting paperwork back for people who bought several days after me, then I'll work with them on determining next steps.

1/18 purchase was likely submitted on 1/21. Same boat as me and mine came back today. You should get a call any minute now.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Hang in there fellas, your number will turn up eventually.
    I got my call early this morning for paper work done on 1-17 at Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring for a P07 Duty.

With that I hope the rest you will have shorter waits.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I'm starting to wonder what exactly are the check procedures that the MSP performs above and beyond the Federal NICS check. I assume they:

• Check the MD State Court records for felony convictions
    • Check to make sure you haven't taken possession of a regulated weapon in the past 30 days
    • Keep track of and grant "Collector" status letters
    • Possibly verify the validity of the "crazy" questions and supplemental docs we sign
    • Run a NICS check

I would love to see some investigative reporting on the "value added" the current system buys the residents of this state as opposed to simply running a NICS check.

I just wonder at what point the regulatory delays would be ruled excessive and an obstruction to exercising a Right.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Waiting from 1/18 for first handgun. Last Friday I asked my dealer what he has been getting back and he seems to be 4 or 5 days behind what others are reporting here.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Waiting from 1/18 for first handgun. Last Friday I asked my dealer what he has been getting back and he seems to be 4 or 5 days behind what others are reporting here.

I recommend you call or email MSP first, then call your dealer. MSP emailed me yesterday and said my paperwork was in. I called my dealer to confirm and they swore that nothing was in past 1/15. I convinced him to go look and he was amazed to find a stack of papers on the fax machine which had come back in the past few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom