• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saltyphotog

Feb 19, 2012
    I received an email from Capt. McCauly at 5am today saying that they are currently working on the 18th & 19th.

Great news! My papers were received on the 18th. Is it too optimistic to expect a call from my FFL today or is there downtime between approval and FFL notification?

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Sounds like they're making a little progress, a little under a month now. Considering the original 7 day wait, it's really a little under 3 weeks behind. It sounds like MSP is doing what they can, much like when they were flooded with CCW apps.

I had to read the letter that Chad posted a few times for it to sink in. A two month average of 490 apps a day. :eek:

MH

Dave67

Oct 31, 2012
    Went to the LGS were I bought my Glock. I advised that MSP stated that the paperwork was done for 1/15 and they are now working on the 18th. I also was told that my app was completed via email. The shop received paperwork on the 15th for the apps from the 5th, they are telling me that MSP is taking 10 days to fax them out.
    We will never know what is going on. I think TX is starting look better and better.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    My paperwork was just over 3 weeks (3 weeks and 4 days to be exact) from filling out to the FFL receiving the paperwork back and calling me to come pick up my handgun.

gazingwa

Van Down By The River
    Jan 24, 2013
    Sussex County, DE
    Everything is computerized. MSP just upgraded to punch cards, so the times should be getting better!

Well played:lol:

For those who don't know, I present punch card computing:

punchcards1910.jpg

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    So the only thing between the buyer and completed paperwork is a hanging chad!
    That's comforting

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom