• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RonInMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 22, 2010
    Today, was told they had nothing later than Jan 14, so It's getting closer to my date of Jan 18.

Last edited:

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    "We are working through the Jan 17 now, check with your dealer Wed next week. "

Didn't even tell me if they had mine or not. This is getting old quick.

I got a similar response that said the ones on the 17th will be completed Wednesday and to check with my dealer on Thursday and Friday.
    I imagine that many have emailed them and they are not checking individual applications anymore. I would rather have working on applications then trying to find them so I guess I will find out if they lost my application two weeks and if so it's back to the beginning of the pile.

gazingwa

Van Down By The River
    Jan 24, 2013
    Sussex County, DE
    I got exactly the same response except that it said the ones on the 17th will be completed Wednesday and to check with my dealer on Thursday and Friday.
    I imagine that many have emailed them and they are not checking individual applications anymore. I would rather have working on applications then trying to find them so I guess I will find out if they lost my application two weeks and if so it's back to the beginning of the pile.

What's worse is I checked last week and they told me at the end of this week to check back....

It's kinda like the free beer tomorrow sign

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    MSP said:
    We have recently hired two new employees. It will take about a month to get them up to speed. We are currently training additional employees at outside barracks to conduct initial reviews. Starting tomorrow, we will being replacing the old "slow" computers with brand new computers. We will also be using dual monitors. Although the impact may be minimal, it is an impact nonetheless.

While this is appreciated, does it really take a month to teach someone how to type a SS# into a computer?

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    What's worse is I checked last week and they told me at the end of this week to check back....

It's kinda like the free beer tomorrow sign

I guess it depends on who you ask. I understand being swamped with applications and having to answer emails and such but if the MSP believes they have lost faxes then I would hope they would contact the dealers and recover them by verification. I have a feeling and hope this massive slowdown this week is what they are trying to do.
    If not then there are going to be a lot more pissed people when they find out their applications were never received.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    At this point as long as the wait time is, any purchase made is basically a surprise gift for yourself. Just forget about it and go on with your life. 1-2 months later you'll get a call out of the blue to come pick up the gun you paid for so long ago you forgot about it. Surprise!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

rg1972

Jan 28, 2013
    Got a call from my FFL today that my paper work was approved...... :party29: it took about 20 buisness days... not counting MLK day..... crazy..:envy:

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    Completed my paperwork this morning, am told and seeing evidence that it is up to 30 days wait time. Last week it was 28 days, the week before 21-24, I am expecting 35 to 40 days, and since I was told at the shop that the form is only good for 30 days I hope there are some exceptions being made.:sad20:

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Just spoke with the folks at Free State. He said that the most recent they have gotten back were submitted on the 12th. That means at least another week for me which will put me at 5 1/2 weeks. He also confirmed that the "30 day" rule applies from the time of not disapproved until the day the firearm is picked up.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Just got off the phone with msp. Seems my second application is missing now two......

Still waiting since dec 29. Considered taking my business else where but now I'm being told I will still be charged the 55 for the background check by the shop.....

They may have lost all my future business......

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Just got off the phone with msp. Seems my second application is missing now two......

Still waiting since dec 29. Considered taking my business else where but now I'm being told I will still be charged the 55 for the background check by the shop.....

They may have lost all my future business......

That's terrible. I hope it works out for you in the end.
    Did the dealer tell you they will resubmit once more and check up on it to confirm that the MSP received it this time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom