• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It seems to me that the current wait times, and the confusion over what a FFL is legally able to do and not do are perfect examples how the current laws only affect the law biding and further legislation only adds insult to injury.
    One would think that with the diverse crowd we have here, that someone would be able to present this in such a fashion to media (like this is what you have to go through legally to purchase as opposed to this is what a criminal would do to get a firearm) and how the current and proposed legislation doesnt protect anyone, but rather infringes upon the law biding citizen's rights......

We need to do something, because the Rallies, emails and calls don't seem to be getting the job done. Everytime you watch the news, it's the same thing....this or that passed, on to the next commitee.......

Please wait until you see how chopped up and gutted these bills are when they come out of the conference committee before you say we aren't aren't getting the job done.

Until they pass something, its all window dressing

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Please wait until you see how chopped up and gutted these bills are when they come out of the conference committee before you say we aren't aren't getting the job done.

Still an infringement. However I have looked at some of the current wording and there really isn't much that a little ingenuity can't overcome depending on how the final bills are written.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Those bills and this problem need to be addressed as two seperate issues. Just because the current backlog has been caused by the push for new laws/bans, that doesn't mean that this should be lumped in as the same problem.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Still an infringement. However I have looked at some of the current wording and there really isn't much that a little ingenuity can't overcome depending on how the final bills are written.

Didn't say it wasn't ... there will always be a chance to fight in court and to recall; but to say we have had no effect is premature.

WiseOldMan53

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    Frederick MD
    I said it before; We need to capitalize on this six-week 7-day waiting period. How can they purpose all this other BS when they can't handle the current system? Or.... get them to admit that's what they're really after - a de facto gun ban.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Oh no, I read your post. And by your post you want to join a lawsuit that wont go anywhere just because your wife bought a gun and cant pick it up yet. So where exactly are the damages?

Wow, your attitude makes me sad, truly.

- Petit family, Burned out room and murder scene pictures, online for viewing
    - Lane Bryant murders
    - Virginia Tech
    - Columbine

- Chicago just had 200 murders or more last year
    - East St. Louis
    - Watts
    - Compton
    - Oakland

Where are the damages?

Where?

I don't see anything.

Oh, I almost forgot to remind you of a couple of home invasions in Maryland from some time ago. They happened in Potomac and Chevy Chase. If you read up on them you'll probably learn that a person or 2 died.

"Sorry, it's their fault because they were legally allowed to own in their house."

It was their fault that they didn't purchase. With group-think around there neighborhood, anti gun ideology was foisted on them and they listened.

No wonder Maryland is this way. And you have a Maryland CCW ? Pending..

As if you are more proud, rather than upset, disappointed ...

Btw, did you know that you can Open Carry, a Rifle, so why don't you go and try to do that tomorrow. I double dog dare you.

No damages ... (shame)

Enjoy your life, my friend.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That :thumbsup:

This will be a ENTIRELY different fight when someone who was on their 40th day of the 7 day wait is raped or killed.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    That :thumbsup:

This will be a ENTIRELY different fight when someone who was on their 40th day of the 7 day wait is raped or killed.

That's 100% correct, however, I hope that doesn't happen. There are ways to fight this, and I wouldn't want to stoop to the level of most liberals and try to capitalize on a tragedy for political gain.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Oh,... and had NO other gun at that point for you guys who seem to think everyone buying a gun now already has a dozen so we shouldn't be bitching about the wait.

There are LOTS of people out there buying their first firearm and waiting almost 2 months to possess it. There is something very fundamentally wrong about that.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That's 100% correct, however, I hope that doesn't happen. There are ways to fight this, and I wouldn't want to stoop to the level of most liberals and try to capitalize on a tragedy for political gain.

Criminals and thugs don't know who's armed and who's not. It's luck of the draw. If someone busts though my door there's a fairly good possibility of them catching lead, what about the people who are unarmed (completely)?

I'm certainly not hoping this happens, just saying it shouldn't come as much of a surprise if it does.

And, really,... honestly, there aren't too many ways to fight this, just listen to how many people here think it's perfectly acceptable and we should just suck it up and wait things out. When a group of guys on a GUN forum can't even agree this is a really screwed up situation, I'm not thinking there's much of a chance of getting it rectified.

rotag

Mar 9, 2012
    pasadena

All I'm trying to say is that for all our work, the bills seem to be going through relatively unscathed (very few meaningful amendments so far), and that the wording of the current laws is ambiguous enough that the state is allowed to infringe upon law biding citizens rights now with no end in sight for a wait period (I am coming up on 7 weeks, and I am a designated collector).......any logical person would look at this an be able to see that maybe it's not as easy to get a regulated firearm as "they" say, what exactly do we need another BS law for.....

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    And, really,... honestly, there aren't too many ways to fight this, just listen to how many people here think it's perfectly acceptable and we should just suck it up and wait things out. When a group of guys on a GUN forum can't even agree this is a really screwed up situation, I'm not thinking there's much of a chance of getting it rectified.

We despise the libs for using things like Sandy Hook to gain political points. I think the average Joe out there is getting weary of it too. I've seen a lot of people who were on the fence or didn't have an opinion in the past about guns come over to our side because of the way Sandy Hook was used and politicized. I don't want us to do the same thing and lose those people who are starting to see things our way.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Difference is, this is actual reality. When Sandy hook is used for "gun control" it's a misguided thought process. I'm talking about 100% non-prohibited citizens who are being round about denied access to legal firearm ownership.

This isn't a Liberal/Conservative issue, boiling it down to that cheapens it. Look at NY, they needed the republican vote to push all their gun laws...

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    My wife bought her first gun, a Glock 26 Gen 4 over three months ago! It took about two weeks to get to our FFL, then another week for her to be able to head down to the shop to begin the process and to date, we have heard nothing. We are coming up on 7 weeks at the moment. Please bear in mind that my wife has never received a speeding ticket let alone being arrested. Its complete BS that we have to wait this long, the background checks take 30 min tops (I am originally from Pa). This is the MDSP inputting all information from the 77R into their database creating a defacto register and nothing more. Someone explain to me how purchases have gone down, because there is nothing left to buy, yet the waiting time increases? I bought an AR and I got to go through the process twice because the FFL jacked the paperwork. So the trooper saw this first thing, sat on the "not disapproved" for 6 weeks to then notify the dealer that I needed to begin again because of this. Some here say that the MDSP are doing everything they can, I'm not in that camp. If that were the case the trooper would have notified the FFL with in the first week he noticed the error so I could go do the paperwork again, not sit on it another 5 weeks to inform me at his leisure.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I bought an AR and I got to go through the process twice because the FFL jacked the paperwork. So the trooper saw this first thing, sat on the "not disapproved" for 6 weeks to then notify the dealer that I needed to begin again because of this. Some here say that the MDSP are doing everything they can, I'm not in that camp. If that were the case the trooper would have notified the FFL with in the first week he noticed the error so I could go do the paperwork again, not sit on it another 5 weeks to inform me at his leisure.

Here you go folks, case and point (for the 30th time here in the last 3 weeks or so).

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    My wife bought her first gun, a Glock 26 Gen 4 over three months ago! It took about two weeks to get to our FFL, then another week for her to be able to head down to the shop to begin the process and to date, we have heard nothing. We are coming up on 7 weeks at the moment. Please bear in mind that my wife has never received a speeding ticket let alone being arrested. Its complete BS that we have to wait this long, the background checks take 30 min tops (I am originally from Pa). This is the MDSP inputting all information from the 77R into their database creating a defacto register and nothing more. Someone explain to me how purchases have gone down, because there is nothing left to buy, yet the waiting time increases? I bought an AR and I got to go through the process twice because the FFL jacked the paperwork. So the trooper saw this first thing, sat on the "not disapproved" for 6 weeks to then notify the dealer that I needed to begin again because of this. Some here say that the MDSP are doing everything they can, I'm not in that camp. If that were the case the trooper would have notified the FFL with in the first week he noticed the error so I could go do the paperwork again, not sit on it another 5 weeks to inform me at his leisure.

Same situation. Day 51. MSP said "Held for review". I just ask myself what their intent is.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Kudos to all that posted recently.

My wife still hasn't been able to pick up her 1st handgun, a used and worn 357 pre-owned from a security guard company. It cost $196. It's going on 40 days now.

And if I told you that I had only 1 handgun, because i do, where does that leave us, if it melts being half plastic in a house fire? If that's not sad but rather funny and cute to some then you have problems.

@@@@@@

About someone being raped and killed on there 35th day of a 7 day "cool off period." How do you think Rowe V. Wade was started, it started with a Rowe, a young dense person that recanted at age 50. I would say to her a little too late bozo.

How do you think Lawrence V. Texas started? With 2 same gender guys and a liar that was thrown in jail. You have to start somewhere. People here on MDShooters want Damages? Where ever they are - they are, they exist.

Like suing McDonalds burger joint for hot coffee, find your incident and culpable agent. But we can't use that technique?

That's why people ask (Warren v DC), Police culpable?
    MSP? AG? Governor?
    "no, the MSP, they are nice!"
    "no, the AG, he is nice, Bethesda native, must be nice"
    "no, the Governor, no he is nice, running for Prez"

Then where do we turn?
    Just be patient?
    Really?

All this for their protection? protection for me but not for thee.
    Protect them because they are nice. Because they have an agenda.

But it's cultural to a great degree. See in a place that has the Castle Doctrine, and respects your private space in your car, for instance and while you are out at a movie theatre.

There- in those States- they are concerned about Legal technicalities but it more like "how much did you Damage that criminal that nearly killed you and your sweet children?"

"I damaged him lots."
    "Good for you, no charges filed, have a nice day."

In Texas a Father killed a Pedophile (caught in the act) with his bear hands and he walked not 3 days later, not a charge filed - as he was protecting his daughter.

It's really a cultural thing; it's also about personal convictions too. We have them, the politicians do too, and we all have our world view too.

SeaBass77

Jan 16, 2013
    Parkville
    Something needs to be done. Whats the point of having this law if the FFL wont release your gun? The FFL got his money, the MSP got their money and the State got their sales tax. AS far as I am concerned I paid for services nto rendered within the stated contracts limits, 7that being 7 days. I am on day 25 and my FFL said he recently just back Dec 31 and Early Jan paperwork....

A. If a dealer or person does not receive a notification of a hold for an open disposition of a criminal proceeding or disapproval within the 7-day waiting period between submission of the application and a purchase, rental, or transfer, the dealer or person may sell, rent, or transfer the regulated firearm if all applicable provisions of Public Safety Article, Title 5, Subtitle 1, Annotated Code of Maryland, have been complied with. The application to purchase or transfer a regulated firearm form shall be stamped "not disapproved" to show that action was taken by the State Police if a disapproval was not warranted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom