• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baconsandwich

master of the obvious
    Apr 20, 2013
    Baltimore City
    Wow, this just keeps getting uglier and uglier. So glad I finally got my Beretta out of purgatory last week, after 101 days. Even more glad that the two purchases I made since that were at dealers doing timely release. I really feel for all of you that are still waiting, and will keep checking back in to see how things are going. Stay strong!

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I spoke with officer Brock today and she was very nice and patient as usual. She told me the reason for the massive slowdown is that the licensing team has been in and out of meetings for the last few weeks in order to prepare for oct 1. They can't get background checks done because the MSP has them preparing for the new rules and regs.

She did tell me that they expect to pick up the pace again soon, and that they have new hires but they are being trained.

Additionally, and this is important to many here, I asked about apps that are 8 day release. She told me that they are not jumping the line, everything that comes in is grouped according to date of receipt.

Hopefully this clears some things up for everyone.

Someone that calls over there, please ask about air conditioning... Patrick said they have issues with it. Maybe only the conference rooms have AC.

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    With a 100+ day backlog and 2 days worth of applications being reviewed each week, if you made a new purchase today it would take 50 weeks to get to your new application.

What are you bitchin' about?? Don't you realize we 'won' the lawsuit?? :sad20:

All kidding aside, I feel your pain, I have an AR lower locked up in jail since 05/19. I'll be lucky to pick it up by tax day 2014. Thank GOD, it's not a pistol or I would be really pissed having to deal with a license/finger print issue after such a long wait. :tdown:

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    What are you bitchin' about?? Don't you realize we 'won' the lawsuit?? :sad20:

All kidding aside, I feel your pain, I have an AR lower locked up in jail since 05/19. I'll be lucky to pick it up by tax day 2014. Thank GOD, it's not a pistol or I would be really pissed having to deal with a license/finger print issue after such a long wait. :tdown:

If the powers that be decide that handgun buyers in May, June, July, Aug and Sep, stuck in delays, need a HQL to receive their firearms, the delays that are already horrible will become untenable.

EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    I spoke with officer Brock today and she was very nice and patient as usual. She told me the reason for the massive slowdown is that the licensing team has been in and out of meetings for the last few weeks in order to prepare for oct 1. They can't get background checks done because the MSP has them preparing for the new rules and regs.

She did tell me that they expect to pick up the pace again soon, and that they have new hires but they are being trained.

Additionally, and this is important to many here, I asked about apps that are 8 day release. She told me that they are not jumping the line, everything that comes in is grouped according to date of receipt.

Hopefully this clears some things up for everyone.

Your information you found out is interesting. Did she indicate whether NICS checks are being done when the 8th day release applications are submitted? From a public relations standpoint, it would make sense if they at least ran a NICS check on each 8th day release application to weed out the prohibited people right away as opposed to waiting three or four months.

This information also presents the following questions: 1. Are 8th day release firearms registered to the purchaser even though the ND has not come back? 2. When the purchaser signs to receive the firearm, receives the pink copy of the 77R, and receives the firearm on the 8th day, is the firearm registered to them when the paperwork is sent to the MSP or after this and when an ND is determined? I ask because if they are not "jumping the line" on 8th day applications and if "registration" isn't official until the ND comes back, that means many of the 8th release firearms are unregistered. Any thoughts?

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I don't see why they're in meetings for Oct 1. It's not like they're going to be getting to the October 1 apps before 2014.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I don't see why they're in meetings for Oct 1. It's not like they're going to be getting to the October 1 apps before 2014.

Well these meetings are to deal with the changes in procedures for sales after Oct 1st. A big big one is the HQL requirement after Oct 1st (perhaps not for those who bought a handgun before Oct 1st but certainly for those who will buy after). But you are right that by Oct 1st they will still have several months of pre-Oct 1st paperwork to process.

phatplat

Jun 30, 2013
    If you've bought 5 registered weapons prior to 10/1, do you have to take the class for any registered purchase after?

RavensFan11

May 28, 2013
    Timonium
    If you've bought 5 registered weapons prior to 10/1, do you have to take the class for any registered purchase after?

Others here are more knowledgeable on the law, but my understanding is that if you are a registered weapon owner prior to Oct. 1, you are exempt from the training requirement, but you still need to be finger printed and pay the HQL fee for any future regulated purchases after Oct. 1.

If this is incorrect, someone please correct..or if it is correct, somebody please confirm so that OP has the answer.

Jack Burton

Apr 2, 2013
    Edgewater, MD
    Day 100 and the FFL called and said I could pick up even though they still have not received a ND from MSP. I'm certain this weirdness is doing actual damage to my middle-aged brain!

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    Any word on when we can expect to see October 1st related regulations begin to appear? MSP regulations and processes, not SB281 stuff.

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    Your information you found out is interesting. Did she indicate whether NICS checks are being done when the 8th day release applications are submitted? From a public relations standpoint, it would make sense if they at least ran a NICS check on each 8th day release application to weed out the prohibited people right away as opposed to waiting three or four months.

This information also presents the following questions: 1. Are 8th day release firearms registered to the purchaser even though the ND has not come back? 2. When the purchaser signs to receive the firearm, receives the pink copy of the 77R, and receives the firearm on the 8th day, is the firearm registered to them when the paperwork is sent to the MSP or after this and when an ND is determined? I ask because if they are not "jumping the line" on 8th day applications and if "registration" isn't official until the ND comes back, that means many of the 8th release firearms are unregistered. Any thoughts?

My understanding is that they are NOT doing the NICS checks right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom