• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bogus130

Jan 23, 2013
    Day 80 for me. Bought from an 8th day release FLL so I already have my rifle. This is my first regulated purchase so I am going to wait out for the ND before purchasing more, just in case.

Ok, I have a question that hopefully someone can answer. What exactly can cause you to be disaproved? I've never been arrested, or even had a speeding ticket for that matter. Never had a restraining order or been committed. I'm just curious what the holdup could be because my app was 4/4 and they are processing 4/8.

Pip

May 2, 2013
    Baltimore
    Same here on the first part, but not on the second part. There ain't nobody with my same name in MD case search and I used my SSN on all the apps. I don't expect to go in to review, but I wouldn't be surprised given the luck I've had since January. I'm almost expecting to find out my FFL did not ever send my app or "lost it" during processing....again.

spoke too soon, seems like the gun shop is now doing 8th day release, went in to pick up and had to sign a waiver saying I don't have any reason to believe denied. so no MSP decision yet, maybe I'll make it to 100

bogus130

Jan 23, 2013
    Ok, I have a question that hopefully someone can answer. What exactly can cause you to be disaproved? I've never been arrested, or even had a speeding ticket for that matter. Never had a restraining order or been committed. I'm just curious what the holdup could be because my app was 4/4 and they are processing 4/8.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=12791&highlight=reasons+disapproval

There are a bunch of posts with the list of things to disqualify you. Above is a link to a list. Not 100% sure if it is the full list or not.

As for you probably being put into 2nd review. Doesn't seem like there is a rhyme or reason why you get put there. Someone posted earlier this week that they had been arrested and didn't go to 2nd review, and others claim perfect records and go into 2nd review.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=12791&highlight=reasons+disapproval

There are a bunch of posts with the list of things to disqualify you. Above is a link to a list. Not 100% sure if it is the full list or not.

As for you probably being put into 2nd review. Doesn't seem like there is a rhyme or reason why you get put there. Someone posted earlier this week that they had been arrested and didn't go to 2nd review, and others claim perfect records and go into 2nd review.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    spoke too soon, seems like the gun shop is now doing 8th day release, went in to pick up and had to sign a waiver saying I don't have any reason to believe denied. so no MSP decision yet, maybe I'll make it to 100

But you did sign the waiver and got your gun right? I think the Gun Shop was on the list of non-releasing shops, so its good news if they have updated their policy. Better late than never I say.

Pip

May 2, 2013
    Baltimore
    But you did sign the waiver and got your gun right? I think the Gun Shop was on the list of non-releasing shops, so its good news if they have updated their policy. Better late than never I say.

Yup, took it home Sunday. I was shocked as I thought they weren't releasing. It was for a lower receiver so maybe they're making an exemption or they were tired of seeing my little box collecting dust in the back room.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo

Same boat here. Oldest purchase in the jam is from 4/4. No legal issues, no tickets, nothing. ND from March, collector designation also. I am beginning to wonder when the FFL submitted to MSP for this one.

j634

Feb 15, 2013
    Purchase and faxed - 3/27
    ND received at FFL 7/8 - (Today!)

103 Days.

Most definitely into second review because I follow the law and for some reason, that requires a further review.

RIGGS

Apr 20, 2013
    Baldwin
    100 as of today. MSP is claiming 4/1 for second review (which I must be in), but no call from the FFL.

According to rosé, whoever did 4/1 2nd reviews lost the paper work. At 930am she was susposed to fax to freestate for me. Called freestate at 6pm. No fax. They called rose. She said she had been looking for hours and can not find 4/1 apps.... Nice!!

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    ND received at FFL 7/8 - (Today!)

103 Days.

Most definitely into second review because I follow the law and for some reason, that requires a further review.

What was it for?

For my AR15
    ND (2nd review) - 6/20

I feel bad for you but I am glad you finally got it. Whatever method (darts) they are using to do these is total bullcrap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom