• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    Hey All,

I have never transfered any firearm or lower other then through a FFL. When you do it face to face at the MSP what needs to happen aka.

1. Aka I guess only certain barracks can do the transfer
    2. Is there a fee paid to MSP for the transfer
    3. Is there a waiting period for the Transferee on the lower/handgun

Thanks in advance

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Fee: $10, cash and I think USPS MO.
    Yes, of course there is a waiting period. Same as if transferring from a FFL.
    As far as which barracks, not sure. Call and ask, sorry.

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I used the MSP to do a AR15 transfer a couple months back and this was my experience.

Both parties need to be there to fill out both sides of the paperwork. The same $10 fee that your FFL charges. They took a personal check. All rules on eligibility still apply. They will want to see both ID's and the Maryland Safety training card from the transferee. As Mooseman said, keep the gun in the car in a secure case and unloaded. They will walk out to the gun to inspect it and get the information off of it. I would suggest getting the serial number, maker, location it was made before you go in. It will make filling out the paperwork easier.

I did my transfer at the Frederick barracks but I think most can do it.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    The MSP does not hold the weapon for the seven day wait. In fact the officer walked the pistol back to my car and watched me put it in a lock box...I was the buyer. YMMV

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

JRiddle

May 18, 2011
    I'm getting ready to do a transfer myself do you need to go back after the seven days and do the transfer in front of them?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    You may want to call the barracks first to make sure they will do it when you come in. In the past, a few barracks were only willing to do them on certain days/times. This may have changed but I am not sure. Depends on who you get at the barracks as to how well they know the transfer process. If you can drive to Pikesville and do it at FLD itself this is generally preferable to have the smoothest transfer possible.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The *catch* is tht the buyer and seller have to meet a minium of twice. If either has a funky schedule , or punctuality issues , using an FFL would make it logistically easier in exchange for paying an extra $25 or whatever.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Fee: $10, cash and I think USPS MO.
    Yes, of course there is a waiting period. Same as if transferring from a FFL.
    As far as which barracks, not sure. Call and ask, sorry.

avoid cash.. (some dont take it) MO is best so you can keep track of transaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom