• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Does anyone have stats on how many firearms are submitted and how many get approved by the review board?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I don't think there's a formal stat because so few are rejected. Until recently, an obvious exception was AR pistols, but no longer. The board is required to approve "well-made handguns". When I asked your question directly about 18 months ago, the answer was that just about everything submitted nowadays is approved. I was told which ones were "recently" rejected and why. The list was very short. Two, IIRC. Ignoring the AR pistol sideshow, the only ones that get rejected have a blatant issue like lack of a trigger guard or being obvious junk (usually imported, along the lines of vintage Rohm). For the most part, 98%+ of submissions are added to the list as little more than procedural formality.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I don't think there's a formal stat because so few are rejected. Until recently, an obvious exception was AR pistols, but no longer. The board is required to approve "well-made handguns". When I asked your question directly about 18 months ago, the answer was that just about everything submitted nowadays is approved. I was told which ones were "recently" rejected and why. The list was very short. Two, IIRC. Ignoring the AR pistol sideshow, the only ones that get rejected have a blatant issue like lack of a trigger guard or being obvious junk (usually imported, along the lines of vintage Rohm). For the most part, 98%+ of submissions are added to the list as little more than procedural formality.

I would include well designed as part of that. In another thread we were discussing that really no handgun, even well made, seems to make it through if it is a design that does not incorporate a trigger guard.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    "Well-made" is the legal verbiage they must abide by. Not my choice of words. It's tied to Saturday night specials that were being sold during the 80s.

Rejection for lack of trigger guard is what it is. Has it been challenged in court? If not, then it will remain a criterion.

Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    This thread is presuming you refer to the Handgun Roster Board , rather than the Handgun Permit Review Board, both of which are independent Boards and not MSP per se.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom