• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    I’m buying a gun from someone else in Maryland on gunbroker. He agreed to do the transfer in person at MSP instead of shipping to a FFL.

Gunbroker requires a FFL in order to check out.

I did my best googling, and can’t find the FFL number for MSP. I’m unfamiliar with gunbroker but I’ve looked through what FAQs I could find.

Trying to figure out how to complete the transaction without coming across as a scammer. Do I ask him to complete the purchase outside of GB or is there another legitimate mechanism to make it work?

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    I figured that was the logical way but didn't know how frowned upon that is.

"Funny" that MSP isn't an FFL although all firearms transactions have to go through them.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    You can really just pick any ffl they have on their list. The gun shop does not get any notice that something is on the way to them. Gunbroker just provides the info to the seller.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Mine does. Las
    You can really just pick any ffl they have on their list. The gun shop does not get any notice that something is on the way to them. Gunbroker just provides the info to the seller.
    Mine does. Last time I bought somethjng off Gunbroker I texted him to tell him to be on the lookout for something for me and they had already Emailed him about it.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I’m buying a gun from someone else in Maryland on gunbroker. He agreed to do the transfer in person at MSP instead of shipping to a FFL.
    MARYLAND STATE POLICE is NOT a licensed Federal Firearms Dealer.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Mine does. Las

Mine does. Last time I bought somethjng off Gunbroker I texted him to tell him to be on the lookout for something for me and they had already Emailed him about it.
    Well then maybe the shop I send gunbroker stuff to must not check his email. Everytime I have bought something there he did not know until I told him

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom